Solved

Samsung A50 broke twice in 6 months

• 9 February 2020
  • 1 reply

My Samsung A50 under contract with ID mobile had to be repaired under warranty before for over heating (It just doesn't power up one day). It was repaired and then after 3 months, it's broken again. This time, the screens seems to have a purple smudge that keeps getting bigger and bigger every day. It is most likely an AMOLED burn in. This phone has never been dropped or hit by water. It's always in a case and has a tempered glass screen protector.

My question is what can ID mobile do in this situation? Will they even repair this under warranty since it has been repaired under warranty for a different issue. My issue is this device seems to be defective considering I never had a phone break within a year, let alone twice. Can they replace the phone? It is quite inconvenient if I had this repair and the repair guys keeps factory resetting and update its firmware (Which is absolutely unnecessary and the phone will very likely be in an updated firmware) with me losing everything again.

Is there like a substitute phone I could use too until they repair my phone? Because if I have this repaired, I will not have anyone to use until they repair this phone which is very inconvenient. 

I will definitely not buy a Samsung phone again.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 9 February 2020, 08:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @anon1234 

Just to clarify. When you send your phone back for repair with iD Mobile they forward your phone to  Authorized Samsung Repair Centre and there your phone will be taken care of. Engineer will decide if phone is worth fixing or replacement will be given.

To be easier for you, you can visit Carphone Warehouse and they will send it for you for repair and on many occasions they can offer "Standby Phone" to keep you connected while your phone is with Samsung Engineer. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?