Solved

Scam alert

• 23 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I received a private message in the community. The woman says she was looking for someone honest and she saw and looked through my profile and I was that person. She then ask me to reply to her email address, not in the community. This is most likely a scam and I will not fall for it

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 August 2020, 14:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1

I too received such email yesterday and chose not to reply. The community should block such scammer.

Below was the extract:

trista

trista

1 day ago

Hello,its my pleasure to contact you,after going through your profile,i am looking for a honest person,and i think i have found you, you can get me back through my email REMOVED as soon as possible ,so that i will tell you better about my self and also send to you picture,please do not reply me here in this site,just write to my email ok. REMOVED

Userlevel 2

Got the same private message yesterday. Don't know how this sort of scam can be stopped though.

Userlevel 1

Exactly the same one. I suppose its easy for anyone to make an account in the community and then they can message any other member. I'm just putting this out here to warn others not to make contact as it is obviously a scam. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey,  @David Lauder @AndyLB @otse how are you? 

Thanks for letting us know! Please accept our apologies for receiving this message. I also received it myself. This issue is being dealt with, we appreciate you all flagging this to us. 

P.s how was everyone’s weekend? Good, I hope :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all, this user has been banned and removed from the Community.

Please do not contact this email address as it is a scam.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey,  @David Lauder @AndyLB @otse how are you? 

Thanks for letting us know! Please accept our apologies for receiving this message. I also received it myself. This issue is being dealt with, we appreciate you all flagging this to us. 

P.s how was everyone’s weekend? Good, I hope :)

Hi Emil

You're very welcome, I thought its best to make the community aware of what this was. 

I had a great weekend spent with family and friend. Hope you had a great weekend too 

David

Userlevel 1

Hello all, this user has been banned and removed from the Community.

Please do not contact this email address as it is a scam.

Mohammed

Hi mohammed

Thank you for letting us know, I for one would never email someone in this manner. 

Thank you for dealing with this quickly 

David 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@David Lauder Yes, was definitely the right thing to do! Thanks again. 

Your weekend sounds good, I did the same was out on Saturday with a friend and then just chilled on Sunday. A bit like Craig David! ha. 

Why iD Mobile?