Question

Security code texts not being received

• 24 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Day 2 of being with iD and trying to register for an account. Security code does not come throughLive chat said to try again in a few hours over 24 hours ago. No customer service number to ring. I need to registerto PAC my old number and if this is not going to happen than I wll have to cancel my contract. 

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Kazza37575,

We can help you with this, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Hi,

I’m also struggling with this, have tried web chats but no one seems to understand what I’m talking about. 

I’m trying to login, but forgotten my password. Go onto the forgotten password page, enter my details, but no security code received 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi,

I’m also struggling with this, have tried web chats but no one seems to understand what I’m talking about. 

I’m trying to login, but forgotten my password. Go onto the forgotten password page, enter my details, but no security code received 

Hello @Luke M,

Messaging in this iD online community isn’t real-time, so it could be several days or longer before iD Mobile read your post.

It might be quicker for you to PM iD Mobile via facebook or twitter.

Best to contact iD between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Luke M, this isn’t really something we can help with over the Community, as the codes expire within 15 minutes, and we’re nowhere near that instant here. As @andewhite says, you’ll be better off contacting us via Facebook or Twitter, if you use those platforms.

Not really sure why the Live Chat team can’t seem to figure out what you mean, though; it’s a pretty common thing we have to deal with. I assume you used the term ‘verification code’ when speaking to them?

Thank you,

Rory

Yeah, I have done, but I’ll try again. 

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Luke M,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

I’ve now had 3 or 4 web chats saying that the technical team will come back to me within 24-48hrs but no one ever does. This has been going on for months, if I can’t login by the time I’m due an upgrade, I’m going elsewhere 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Luke M,

Our Tech Team should update the team shortly. 

If you don’t get any updates in the next few weeks please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?