Question

Service not activated on network error message

• 29 March 2019
  • 7 replies

I have a Huawei P20 Lite & my text messages occasionally won't send & a message pops up to say "service not activated on network" I have tried googling the answer to no avail, live chat is busy so can't get on & settings or message settings aren't any help from what I can tell...help please 🙈

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi @Cara Adams,

I'm sure we can advise you on this and get it sorted. Sometimes some handset convert SMS messages to MMS messages due to Emojis in the message or the character limit.

If you still wish to send this message you would need to increase the cap on your account and you would still be charged for sending it.

It may be worth trying to send a message with an emoji and without to see if this makes a difference.

Let us know how you get on and we can assist you further.

Kash
Userlevel 1

I have tried everything, when trying to send pictures it just pops up with the service error message 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy a20e 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have tried everything, when trying to send pictures it just pops up with the service error message 

I am using a Samsung Galaxy a20e 

Hello @Carlosavvc,

Have you increased your spend cap, as these messages cost 30p per MMS to send.

Is MMS turned on in the settings?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed 

I have unlimitied messages, I dont know how to enable MMS anyways I have tried but failed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mohammed

I have unlimitied messages, I dont know how to enable MMS anyways I have tried but failed.

Hello @Carlosavvc 

MMS messages are not included in the allowances so even if you have unlimited messages, an MMS would still cost 30p per message.

Hence you need to first increase your spend cap to allow the charge and have MMS turned on.

Have you done this in the app?

Which phone do you have?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed

I have a Samsung galaxy a20e but i don't want to spend any extra money so I'll stick to whatsapp

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Carlosavvc 

Let us know if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?