Question

Should I cancel My Account?

It started with error 28 and unable to send txt's.

Rang up, waited loooong time, then got an advisor who used every handling trick in the book, (the answer yes to easy questions, use name at end of every sentence, etc), had to give information over and over, could hear others details on other calls in the background. Supposedly the problem was solved.

Next day, got error 28 again, unable to send txts when needed too, was at night, so no help available. Tried registering here but no registration emails sent.

Rang the next day, again had to help the advisor with basic English, obviously annoyed her because the next day started receiving the same scam calls 15 times, not to my mobile but to my landline, so data protection here is obviously rubbish. It stopped when I started chanting her name, Karin.

Phone is rubbish, not hold 10 hour charge without use.

Persevered again now with this site, on average 17 external site scripts, giving my details away to everybody and obviously nothing works until you accept all scripts.

When asked about cancelling, I have to pay returns, even though you've already taken money a month in advance.

Why should I bother? Should I complain to those I'm complaining about? Can I trust sending the phone back, not even sure if returns address is correct as so hard to understand such thick accent.

As for error 28, seems that a lot have issue with badly setup accounts too

NOW I CAN'T EVEN POST THIS AND NO INFO AS TO WHY NOT

16 replies

Think I'll be asking on other social media platforms then
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi annoyed,

Sorry to see you are having problems with the service and also that you feel you've not been given the help you need to sort this problem.

We can discuss this in an attempt to fix the problem if you can provide more information.

You can also find details about returning your item here.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

Can you let us know what phone you are using, if calls and data works ok, do you receive texts ok?
Does this happen with all texts, can you text yourself?

Phil
Hi annoyed,

Sorry to see you are having problems with the service and also that you feel you've not been given the help you need to sort this problem.

We can discuss this in an attempt to fix the problem if you can provide more information.

You can also find details about returning your item here.https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations
Can you let us know what phone you are using, if calls and data works ok, do you receive texts ok?
Does this happen with all texts, can you text yourself?

Phil

lol, it's taken you 5/6 days to respond, there's one problem, poor customer service!

I was unable to use the service I had paid for on two important occasions, even after wasting time and effort in trying to sort it out and your staff failing to rectify the problem.

I have now been forced to pay for the phone return myself without reimbursement, and loss of my existing work number for over a week, due to you wanting to charge me for the PAC code before the phone arrives at your end.

If I'd known this was 3 Mobile or Dixons Group then I'd have steered clear, as I have done for the last 15 years

Stars out of 10 is 1, description of service, pathetic
Oh, also charged for full month after promised you would only be taking 10 days worth.

And, when rang for PAC code the "handler" tried to claim I hadn't cancelled already and was to be charged, she soon backed down after explained that I'd recorded that and all my calls.

Trust you, no... Lied to, overcharged, data protection broken, etc... SCUM
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi annoyed,

The community is available for questions and information but we don't advise that you'll always get a timely response as this is not a customer service channel.

We do provide contact options on our site if you do need to get in touch urgently.
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us

We can see that you have not been satisfied with your phone and service from us but that you are completing a return to resolve the matter.

As you've stated in your final comment that data protection has been broken, an investigation will be required so please can you email us the details of your account to communitysupport@idmobile.co.uk

Phil
I raised it on the phone, denied

Resolved to your satisfaction, not mine, I'm out of pocket, time, business and stress
Any update on the investigation into data protection breaches you mentioned?

It also appears that the returned phone via recorded delivery has magically disappeared (Has anybody else had this problem?), not surprised, especially now that I find out from others that I could have returned it at no cost and instantly at a Carphone Warehouse shop.

And... on Friday received next months bill and warnings about cancelling my DD, (because there was no record of me cancelling last time I rang). Still no email response.

I am still without my work number.

Friends and neighbours are highly recommending me taking this to social media... Soon!
Almost a month on and still being given the run around and refusing to give PAC (i.e. left without my business number) without paying termination fee.

USELESS COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Ignore return addresses given by customer service, use one from website, it's like this item was intended to go missing.

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @annoyed,

Please can you get in touch with us on the email address that @Phil has provided? It's a much better way of gaining support as we can access and ask account specific questions in order to offer direct support as this can't be discussed on a public forum.

Thanks,
Ryan
Finally my phone popped up, after I was rung back for a tracking reference I'd already given. Two days later, Carphone warehouse delivered the phone back to me for some unknown reason.

WHERE IS MY PAC CODE!

@Ryan, what is the point of this forum then, useless, just like customer service here
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello @annoyed,

The Community allows us to provide general support and advice as well as allowing other customers/users to engage and also join in on discussions. Sharing best practice and growing the knowledge base is why we've set this Community up and there's tonnes of helpful solved topics here which can often lead to finding a solution without needing to call.

In more complex cases such as yourself, where a solution can't just be provided by general advice and account access is required, we'll advice the customer to email us in via the link provided above. This is to allow us to retrieve information from you to complete security and access the account to support further.

Whilst I appreciate the current situation so far has been a long and inconvenient journey for you, we'd be more than happy to provide support to resolve any issues you're facing once you've emailed us.

You can then come back and mark this topic as resolved (or we can if you'd like) once we've solved this for you via email.

Mohammed
Why have they sent me the phone back, no letter, no email, no phonecall? What is going on?

Am I resigned to call your company the T*&~s that stole my phone number, one I've had over 20 years, all because I moaned about an issue not having been resolved?

UNTRUSTWORTHY
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi annoyed.

If you would like us to investigate what's occurred then we would request again that you provide some details as we're unable to comment without understanding the specifics of your situation.

communitysupport@idmobile.co.uk

Phil.
lol, today received an email moaning about me not paying my bill, even though account closed months ago. They say tried calling, not on my NEW mobile number, even though gave to them last time I wasted my time ringing them.

This company is a joke!
lol, today received threats of debt collectors from your company, claiming that I'm still a customer! So I rang up, supposedly no record of me cancelling or ringing up and giving tracking information.

This is such a dishonest company, terrible customer support... Take me to court, I have recordings of the phone calls to prove you have been given the information already, not my fault your staff didn't note it down, seems a little convenient to me, e.g. theives
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @annoyed,

We want to help you here, and we can do so once you send an email to our support address given above.

Thank you,
Ryan