Question

• 1 September 2021
  • 4 replies

When I’m signing up to an iD 1-month plan I get put off by the small print at the bottom.

small print

It seems to suggest that I’m signing up to a 12 month plan and that the price will double after 3 months. If the word ‘plan’ at the end of the first sentence was ‘plans’, plural, I could see that it was a general purpose disclaimer, but the singular ‘plan’ makes it apply to this plan in particular, in my mind. There just seems to be no logical reason for it to be there if I’m signing up to a 1-month plan that’s not at a reduced price, and that bothers me.

I’d ask in Chat but it seems I can’t chat until I sign up.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @greenwing,

I’m using a 1-month rolling SIM only plan and I haven’t run into any issues related to the terms you’ve identified.

My reading of the extract provided would be it’s applicable to plans other than 1-month rolling contracts.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @greenwing,

The ‘Half Price Line Rental’ offer shown in your post is only available for select 12-month SIM only plans, so this is why the 12-months is mentioned. Have you seen the offer shown on a 1 month SIM only plan?

Ryan

@Ryan 

Hi @greenwing,

The ‘Half Price Line Rental’ offer shown in your post is only available for select 12-month SIM only plans, so this is why the 12-months is mentioned. Have you seen the offer shown on a 1 month SIM only plan?

Ryan

No, I haven’t been offered Half Price Line Rental on a 1 month plan, but the presence of the small print when signing up to a 1 month plan is a bit confusing, off-putting. It says “Half-price monthly line rental ("MRC") for first 3 months on selected 12 months SIMO plan.” If that last word was planS, it would be more general, but as it is it’s easy to imagine it reading “first 3 months on THE selected 12 months SIMO plan.” It would be better not to have this text at all in cases where it doesn’t apply.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are sorry for any upset or confusion that has been caused @greenwing 

Why iD Mobile?