Solved

SIM card activation

• 1 February 2021
  • 13 replies

If I buy a new sim card, could I delay its activation? If so, by how long? 

I am asking because I found a deal I like from iD Mobile and I don’t want it to disappear but I’ll only be able to start paying for it after 3 months.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Fushall 

I’m sorry we are unable to delay the activation. Your SIM and contract will activate, as soon as your order has been accepted and dispatched.

Michelle 

Faste

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @raiaman,

This is the 2nd one word post I’ve seen from you. is there something we can help you with?

Will

i have new sim card to activate but can not log on my account online because forgot password, when 8 digit code is sent i can not get it because my phone is not active, how do i log on to activate my sim ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Hanoi1000,

We’ll drop you a private Message now to get that SIM card activated for you.

Will

I have received a new Sim card and phone, on a new account - sim was due to activate on 17 Feb, but as phone came early would like to activate today (11 Feb). Website say “pop it into your handset and you're good to go” - but it doesn’t; if I go to activation page it does not recognise my phone number. How do I activate sim

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Terry Moore,

Have you tried using the SIM activation page on a different device or browser?

Will

Not recognising mobile number, will wait and see what happens on day change over was scheduled. Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Terry Moore 

Your SIM card should be activated upon arrival.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and take a look into your account.

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

My SIM card haven't got signal.

Hi @Somamarya 

Sorry to hear you can’t get a signal on your SIM. 

Have you recently changed your SIM at all? If so, it will likely need to be activated, you can do this via your app by following the below steps; 

1. Select “Services” from the bottom of your dashboard
  2. Select “Activate my SIM”
  3. Either select “Scan my SIM barcode”, or enter SIM number manually
  4. If you entered the code manually, click the “activate your SIM” button

I hope this helps. 

thanks, 

Jade 

updated my phone from MotoE5 to Galaxy A20e, input my new SIM on Tuesday, still awaiting the activation text. I wish to keep my old number and transfer my contact information.

At the moment I cannot ring out on either my new phone or old one.

I have already powered down both phones and restarted them but with no success.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Artura1 

We are sorry to hear this. In order to activate your sim, please contact our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network team who will be able to assist you with this. Once you launch the Live Chat, You will need to enter your name, mobile number, and reason for the chat, you will be transferred to the iD chatbot, at this point just type in the word ‘Agent’ or ‘Human’ and you will get put through to an advisor who can assist you. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?