Solved

Sim card not activated

Hi, i was told my live chat that they activated the replacement sim card, over 48 hours later, phone restart etc the sim card is still not working. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Will 22 July 2020, 17:23

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @CGIBHAM,

I’m sorry to hear that the SIM is still not working.

I’ll get someone to contact you regarding this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

hi

my replacement sim is still not  working after activation via app...no phone support...can you assist

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear this @devonboy

If the SIM was previously marked as lost/ stolen then it’s possible a suspension may still be in place on your account.

We’ll PM you now to take some further details and look into this further for you.

Userlevel 1

Hi. Same issue here. Activated SIM card but still not working 7 days plus. Please PM so we can sort thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @sjlcook, was this a replacement SIM card, or was it a new one for a new deal?

Cheers,

Will

Hi. Same issue here. Activated SIM card but still not working

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Yob , was this a replacement SIM card, or was it a new one for a new deal?

Cheers,

Will

New one for a upgrade deal @Will 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @Yob , have you checked to see if your old SIM card is active? The chances are it should be. If that’s the case, please feel free to continue using that one.

If you wish to activate the new one though please follow the instructions on the link below:

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap 

Hope this helps. If you do require more assistance though, please let us know and we’ll be happy to provide more assistance.

Will

I activated my sim card but when insert it says phone not allowed @Will 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Yob,

Which phone are you putting the SIM into?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

hi

my replacement sim is still not  working after activation via app...no phone support...can you assist

Userlevel 1

Same ere upgraded my tariff and got sent a replacement SIM card activated it but doesn’t work - so frustrating 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Mrssjs13, are both the old SIM and the new SIM completely not working in your handset? I would have thought one of them would be.

Will

Why iD Mobile?