Solved

sim card stopped working

• 7 February 2021
  • 12 replies

I upgraded my phone 2 months ago. Everything was working fine.  I registered on Id mobile app yesterday and now I have a message to say that my new sim is now active. I don't have aa new sim and my phone was working fine yesterday.  What do I do please? 

icon

Best answer by Will 9 February 2021, 10:25

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joyd,

It sounds like a new SIM has been sent out and activated for your existing plan. 

We’ll drop you a Private message now so we can look into this properly for you.

Will 

I also have this problem right now, can i have help please ive got absolutely no service

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ryanhilton,

If you have upgraded and have received a new SIM you can try using the old SIM to see if it still works.

If you still have the issue you can try and remove the SIM whilst the handset is off for a few months then reinsert the SIM and restart the handset.

Kash

I've upgraded my plan yesterday, sim was working fine, then all of a sudden nothing at all, can't receive nor make calls, and no Internet 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Ismail Ben Salah 

Does you SIM show that it’s still working?

If you SIM has disconnected your new SIM may have been activated and you’ll need to use the new SIM in order to use services.

Does your phone still show connected to iD Mobile?

Kash

Userlevel 1

My SIM card is not working 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Delores Wallace,

I’ve replied to your other post you made on the Community.

Please keep all contact via one post if the issue is the same.

Can you give us a bit more information on this, either here or via your other post and we’ll assit further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

The SIM card don’t work I can’t make calls or no one can ring me it is just saying emergency calls only I have turned it off and on and it is still saying it so can you just send me a new SIM card out please 

Userlevel 1

I need to speak to someone about my SIM card Is not working it has been like this for a couple of weeks now I can not call no one or do nothing you have tried to take the payment but I am not paying nothing till this has sorted out all it is saying emergency call only I have turned it off and back on and still not but I got a email saying the sim is activated but it is not working still so send me a new SIM card out I am leaving you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Delores Wallace,

I’m sorry to hear it’s still not working.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

My SIM card has stopped working out without warning. I’ve tried the troubleshooting steps which did not help at all.

I received a new SIM card as I upgraded my plan about a month ago but there’s no instructions or guide stating that the new plan will only work on the new SIM so it’s been binned long ago.

Please reinstate my existing SIM card ASAP! THe new plan has worked fine on the old SIM card until last night

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Niels Christiansen 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Why iD Mobile?