Question

Sim issues

• 27 March 2020
  • 5 replies

I recently upgraded my deal with the same phone and same number however since the upgrade I have no calls, messages or internet.

On the ID app, the deal is on and says that the SIM upgrade is in progress (it may take 24 hours) but this is from when I did it on the 24th

Now the ID Customer Services is completely shut down and I am without a usable mobile phone

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Keith0706

Welcome to the iD Community, and sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with your new SIM. 

Did you process an upgrade or Plan Change?

Have you tried turning your phone off, and removing your SIM card, then inserting it again, and seeing if it connected to the network? Sometimes the SIM just needs a bit of a reboot when you process a change on it. 

Thanks,
Nikhil

I sent for a new SIM only but when it didn't work, I rang ID and they just upgraded my current SIM with the new deal. However, since then I am unable to message, phone or use any internet. (Although on the app everything appears to be registered)

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Keith0706 , 

After they processed your upgrade, did you receive a new SIM in the post? If so, did you pop it in your phone? You’ll need to activate it before you can use it.

You can activate your new SIM in the app, by going to the ‘My Services’ page and selecting ‘Activate my SIM’ then entering the details on the screen,

If you didn’t swap your SIM out, I just wanted to confirm if you’ve got signal bars appear on your phone? Its usually on the top of your screen, either on the left- or right-hand side.

Thanks,

Nikhil

I did but the customer service person told me to remove it and put my old one back in. (So I just got rid of the new one as I was told I didn't need it). So, she updated my old sim, saying it was easier to do it that way and it would be up and running within the hour

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Keith0706 

I’m sorry to see this post was not responded to.

Can you clarify if the issues are now resolved ?

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?