Solved

SIM Locked - PUK Required

I have installed my new ID SIM and tried to set the Sim Card lock through the security settings on my Samsung Phone
On ticking the box to activate the code it immediately expects a code to be entered.
Now my sim card is locked and I am needing a PUK code to re activate it

Thank You in advance.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 June 2020, 17:24

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Ioan,

We’ll be able to get you the PUK Code so you can get back into your device.

I’ll get someone to contact you regarding this via PM.

Mohammed

Ok, Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @IoanMois, a PM has been sent to you. Could you please check your private messages for me when you get a moment?

Thank you,

Rory

Hi, my phone it is locked in all networks other than o2 and probably that’s why didn't let me in with the PUK code.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @IoanMois,

Ah okay. In this instance, we would advise contacting o2 directly so that they can unlock your device.

Ryan

I need help to activate my phone as the sim card is locked

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sidkporha04 , how do you mean it’s locked? Was it sent out new and needs activating, or did you lock it yourself due to losing it or something?

Will

I have changed phone  and am unable to activate my sim because it says sim locked by the network

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Was the phone previously used with a different network @Sidkporha04 or has it always been with iD Mobile?

If it was used with another network before using our SIM card, you’ll need to contact the previous network supplier to remove the handset lock.

Will

Thanks  Will

I have unlocked the phone now but I cannot call or receive calls as it says network not registered. 

When I use another phone to call my number it goes straight to voice mail

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sidkporha04,

Does this issue only occur with the iD Mobile SIM?

You may need to manually select the network from the network settings on your device. You should be able to select the iD Mobile network from there.

It may also be worth checking that the software is all up to date on your device. If the SIM still doesn’t work could you please insert the iD SIM into another handset and see if it works as this will allow us to know if the issue is with the SIM or the handset.

Kash

Thank you Kash, it's working now.

Help, my iphone asked to be upgraded...then then SIM lock number was not accepted and now phone is asking for a PUK code !!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @janejones,

I am sorry to hear that! You can obtain a PUK code quickly by contacting our Live Chat Team here. Please let us know how you get on.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?