Solved

Sim only monthly - want to upgrade

• 20 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to change my sim plan - same monthly payment but a better deal - unlimited minutes & texts . Every time I select and go thru to checkout it seems to be treating me as a new customer. A bit worried it's going to send me a new sim with an additional monthly payment. Do I just checkout with the 1p charge taken off my credit card?

icon

Best answer by Ian2009 21 February 2022, 21:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 1

Forgot to say - I have the ID app and am doing this upgrade thru my account. Been on same plan - £5 a month for 7 years but currently only get 1GB of data, 500 mins & a cap on texts - so a no brainer to up to 2GB of data and unlimited mins & texts 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ian2009,

Have you tried via the app or account online?

If you are logged into the app it should give you the best offers available.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi - thank you. Yes, already ordered by going thru my ID App. 👍

I want to upgrade my sim only plan. I can pay more for bigger data and unlimited minutes. Please send me an update. Thanks. Saghir. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Muhammad Saghir,

If you wish to upgrade you can do so via the iD Mobile app or your account online.

You can find further information via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Regards,

Kash

Userlevel 1

Am hoping to do the same as I am already an ID customer with sim only monthly plan but am confused as it says it will deliver a new SIM. I do not need new SIM but only a new plan with 4GB. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Am hoping to do the same as I am already an ID customer with sim only monthly plan but am confused as it says it will deliver a new SIM. I do not need new SIM but only a new plan with 4GB. 

If you upgraded to a pay monthly 4GB data allowance plan, iD will send you a new SIM card.

They do this in case the phone you use with the new plan can’t use your existing iD SIM.

If you’re going to carry-on with same phone for your new iD SIM only plan, just continue using your existing SIM - good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Vonnie 

With any upgrades we’ll send out a new SIM card, just in case you need one, if you don’t that’s fine!

Keep with the one you have and you’ll have a spare lying around, just in case.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I had mistaken change of plan for upgrade. I did not need upgrade with new SIM and have now managed to change plan via My account.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had mistaken change of plan for upgrade. I did not need upgrade with new SIM and have now managed to change plan via My account.

Are you sure you haven’t started a second contract with iD?

How did you order the upgrade?

Userlevel 1

I did not complete the upgrade order when I saw that it involved a new SIM. When consulting the ID website I discovered the difference between upgrade and change of plan. They should make it clearer on the app as it is an easy mistake to make when all you want is more data/mins/ etc

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Vonnie, to me it would be really odd if iD sent you a new SIM card for a plan change.

Have you received a new SIM from iD yet?

If you change plan, using the iD App or iD My Account online, iD do not send a new SIM card. 
However, if you upgrade using the iD App or iD My Account online, iD will send you a new SIM card.

Why iD Mobile?