Solved

Sim only upgrade new Sim card change needed or not?

Userlevel 1

I have upgraded to a Sim only contract and been told I will be sent a new Sim card. Do I need to change Sim cards or can I just keepusing the old Sim cardas the new contract details are showing already on my account?

icon

Best answer by Will 24 July 2021, 15:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Clifford Haynes,

Although we recommend activating the new one, if you prefer to use the old one still you’re absolutely free to do so.

What we would advise however is that you keep the new one somewhere safe just to err on the side of caution.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thanks for this advice

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I replaced my upgraded sim card with ease, once activated, I destroyed the old card , cutting it up thinking that the card was data locked to my old tarrif.  Now! Within 2-days the new card has stopped working altogether.

When I logged on to my account it says the sim is active, as the phone number remains the same.  My new data has been applied but the sim card no-longer works.  I am therefor using my EE-sim to communicate.  What can I do to rectify the faulty card??

Regards  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @john2635aca,

Have you tried the SIM in a different handset?

If the SIM is faulty we can send out a new one, what happens when you insert the SIM into the phone?

Kash

Userlevel 1

It says the Sim is unregistered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@john2635aca,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have upgraded my old plan recently. Today I have received new SIM card. Now I am confused, should I use a new one, or just keep using the old one?

I can't afford to lose the signal, some random day in future.

Please advise.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Michal Dawido,

To ensure you don’t lose signal on some random day, I’d recommend activating your new SIM card now.

For a rundown of how to do that, please click here.

Hope this helps,

Will

Ok, thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem  @Michal Dawido 

Let us know if you need any further help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?