Question

SMS not receiving

• 22 July 2021
  • 9 replies

hi,

I am not receiving text messages (SMS) anymore from my contacts and even from banks. I have been waiting for 4 days but nothing received yet. but funny enough I can still send SMS. how can I get in contact with somebody to get this problem fixed? most important are the texts from corporates and banks that I need to retrieve.

best regards

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andrea Angonese,

Have you recently moved to our network, and if so, have you just ported a number in?

If you’ve been with us for a while, may I ask if you’re currently in the UK, and when did this issue begin? A Postcode would also be very helpful.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will,

I have been with ID Mobile for 5 years so I did not moved to your etwork recently.

Therefore, I’ve been with you for a while and I am currently NOT in the UK, I moved to Italy for a while.

I assume the issue strated few months ago when I moved to Italy. strange thing is that I still receive SMS from NHS or from UK Post office, but I cannot receive text from Italy to my number.

Cheers,

Andrea

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrea Angonese,

Can you confirm which network you are connected to?

Could you please try and reset your network settings and connect to 3 ITA or WIND?

Is it with specific numbers only or all Italy numbers?

Kash

HI Kash,

right now i am connected to WINDTRE.

how can I reset my network? and how can I connect it to 3 ITA or Wind?

It is with all italy numbers. I tried to send a text to my number from my friends mobile and I have never receive them.

Andrea

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andrea Angonese,

Resetting network settings is usually found in Settings > Mobile network then Reset network settings

Changing your provider is usually via the Mobile network then Mobile data setting.

You’ll see “Network provider” and can run a search to switch to a different provider.

Mohammed

Hello Mohammed,

I followed your advice to changing the network provider but unforutunately nothing changed, I still not getting texts. do you have any other suggestion please?

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Andrea Angonese,

Which handset are you using the SIM card in?

Will

Hi Will,

I have an iPhone 8, 256 gb, software version 14.6

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Andrea Angonese,

Have you tried toggling iMessages off and on to see if this helps the messages come through? Also, can you check the number in the “My Number” Setting is the correct one please? 

If not, could you change it so it is please?

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?