Question

SMS Texting

I have a problem texting my sister since last wed.  She can text me but when I reply or send a message at random to her it comes back saying ‘not delivered’.  I can text everyone else okay.  My husbands mobile is on ID network as well and she received his texts ok.  Can you help please?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @annjohnbrooker41,

Have you just joined iD Mobile, if so, have you just ported your number into the network and using an iPhone?

Though the message says “not delivered” is your sister still receiving the messages regardless?

Mohammed

I have only just joined ID Community.

No, the only way my sister gets the message is for me to ring her & tell her to turn her mobile data on and then she gets it.   It doesn’t make sense.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @annjohnbrooker41 

Can you please confirm which phone your currently using?

Thanks, 

Pearl

Samsung No. ending 388.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @annjohnbrooker41,

Tell her to try deleting the current text thread and then trying again.

Did you previously have an iPhone at all?

Is she using an iPhone?

Mohammed

No I have never had an iphone.

My sister has the same phone as I do.

How does she delete the current text thread?   Neither of us are not technically minded.

Ann

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @annjohnbrooker41,

When she clicks on the messaging app, before she opens your conversation, she should be able to tap and hold on this and then a delete option will become available.

Alternatively, she can open the messages and then click in the top right corner the options and select Delete.

Mohammed

Hi,

My sister has done what you advised and it has not worked.  I sent her a text after she had done it but she didn’t get it until she turned her data on.

Where do we go from here please?

Ann

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @annjohnbrooker41,

Try these steps:

https://thedroidguy.com/solved-samsung-galaxy-s9-randomly-not-receiving-text-messages-1083483

S9+ Not Receiving Text From One Contact

Problem: I have had a Samsung Galaxy S9+  for about a month now, and in the last week, I have not been receiving text messages from one specific contact. They are receiving messages from me, but I am not receiving any from them. I have checked to see if they got blocked or any of their messages and they haven’t. I have tried turning my phone on and off and it did nothing. I have reset everything and did force stops and nothing seems to be working.

Solution: Try deleting the contact from your phone then add it again. You should also make sure that the number is not in the block list of your phone. Delete the messaging thread of this particular contact from your phone then check if the issue still occurs.

In case the above steps fail to fix the problem then proceed with the additional steps listed below.

• If the contact is using an iPhone have them turn of the iMessage feature of their phone then have them send you a message
  • Start the phone in Safe Mode then check if the issue occurs in this mode. If it doesn’t then it could be caused by an app you downloaded. Find out what app this is and uninstall it.
  • Wipe the cache partition of the phone from the recovery mode
  • Backup your phone data then do a factory reset.

Mohammed

Unfortunately my sister has tried all suggested and nothing has worked.  I’ve had a look at the link you sent and gone through that, but it so complicated for her she has decided to wait until her provider’s shop is open again and will go & see them for help.  She has discovered that another of her contacts is having the same problem.

Thank you for all your help it has been appreciated.

Ann

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @annjohnbrooker41,

This sounds like the issue may be related to her device as opposed to your phone/network.

In some way that should help give you that relief of worrying how many people you’ve texted who haven’t received!

Glad we could help :relaxed:

Mohammed

Thank you for all your help.  Stay safe.

Ann

Why iD Mobile?