Question

Sony Experia Z3+ Dual with 2 ID sim cards

• 12 October 2019
  • 1 reply

I have a sony experia Z3+ dual . I purchased 2 sim cards using different accounts and e-mails to allow me to purchase 2. Each sim card will work independently in the phone and in different phones but they will not work together. My phone previously had talktalk sims and worked fine. Phone see's the sim but there is no signal. If I disable one then the other will work and visa versa, previously both worked and I could select which sim to use to make calls or to send texts. I had to designate one for mobile data. Also not getting good 4g coverage in my area so how do i tell phone to use 3g
Almost about to give up and try another company.
Anybody got any suggestions

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello [user=16634]Dook[/user], Sorry to hear you're having issues with Dual SIM'ing your Experia Z3+ with 2 of our SIMs. Have you tried swapping the SIM slots. Switching to 3G only is usually done via the network selection screen. Try Settings >: More > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type then chose 3G only (It might be WCDMA Only depending on where you bought the phone from). Since it's Dual SIM, you might need to repeat the step for both SIMs. Can you try this and let us know how you get on? Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?