"Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number"

• 15 August 2020
  • 19 replies

I have been getting constant call drop outs with the following message: "Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number".

It happens completely randomly regardless of whether I’m calling landlines or mobiles. Sometimes it will happen when I attempt to make the call and sometimes it happens during the call. Is there a solution to this?

If this issue persists, I will have to change to a different network provider because it’s becoming extremely irritating now.

19 replies

Userlevel 2

RP7, it appears a lot of us are suffering with the same problem & I don't think iD know what's causing it. As the actual network is 3 mobile I'm going to see if their users are having the problem too. My wife's phone is on 3 mobile and she's not had this problem.......yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @RP7,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get this logged and rectified for you.

Will

This has happened to me three times today, and has happened last week too. It has happened to my husband too. We have both been iD customers for 2 years and this has only just started happening. What is being done to resolve this issue, as it is clear from this forum that it is affecting a lot of people?

I am having the same problem too, calls just cut out and a voce announces the “sorry” message. Can somebody please explain what is happening.  I am using WiFi calling on an iphone 7.  Is this a factor?

Userlevel 1

I have been getting constant call drop outs with the following message: "Sorry, your service does not allow access to this number".

It happens completely randomly regardless of whether I’m calling landlines or mobiles. Sometimes it will happen when I attempt to make the call and sometimes it happens during the call. Is there a solution to this?

If this issue persists, I will have to change to a different network provider because it’s becoming extremely irritating now.

Hi. I'm getting a problem with this message also.  It was only occasionally but now it's happening on nearly every call I make.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @JulieAM and @srn.scm 

First and foremost, we’re sorry to hear you’re affected by this recent issue.

It has been reported and it’s a high priority matter that’s being investigated currently.

So that we can potentially help track this with you both individually though, we’ll send you a private message on here with some further questions so that we can help you further.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Tralousta We’ve sent you a private message here just now, if you could respond there we’ll monitor this further with you and keep you updated as we get this resolved.

Userlevel 1

It's not to just one number it can be any number.  Also, I can have been talking on the call for a while before I get cut off and receive the recorded message.  I've tried looking up why I get this message and can find no answers?!

I am having the same problem too, calls just cut out and a voce announces the “sorry” message. Can somebody please explain what is happening.  I am using WiFi calling on an iphone 7.  Is this a factor?

I don’t think WiFi calling is a factor. I’ve been having the issue on regular phone calls.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi both @RP7 and @Tralousta.

We don’t know the cause as of yet, but please know we’re working hard to get the issue sorted for everyone.

Will

Userlevel 1

@Will of course you don’t know the cause this is an shambles of a company with the worst setup of customer support i’ve ever seen.  

If you want help you need to post in a public form and hope they answer. 

If your lucky and get throw on the chat which is greyed out 90% of the time and have the time to spend 40 min on a chat as in the agents own chat said the deal with 3 chats at a time and all the can do is log the calls and arrange a call back with in 7 days  as webchat agents have no really system access.

I’ve missed import life and death calls due to this problem and no one can even take 5 min to talk to me or offer any support.

WHAT A JOKE….…….cant wait to get out of the contact.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Tartan,

We’re sorry to hear that’s they way you feel. 

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to take your details and see if there is anything we can do for you other than assure you we’re working on it. 

Will

Userlevel 1

I've had cut offs with and without the message and it's getting worse. Not finding it easy to speak to customer services either which is frustrating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @DR Alice Massey

If you’re not getting the message, i suspect it may be a different issue. How long has this been happening? Is it everywhere you go, or just in a certain area? If it’s the latter, could you provide a postcode please?

Will

Userlevel 1

It's been happening for about 2 months and getting worse. It happens when I call various places and people and to such an extent my boss is very frustrated and asking me to change contract if it cannot be resolved. I am based in NE4 and that's probably best postcode to use 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Could we get a full postcode example @DR Alice Massey?

We’ll then be able to check into a specific mast for any known issues there.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

I am also having exactly the same issue. Happens randomly and has been for the last two weeks. It doesn’t happen often, but when it does you can bet it’s a call you really don’t want it to happen on! Hugely frustrating for myself and the person at the other end of the line. Please can we have some help to get this resolved?? It’s driving me crazy and makes no sense whatsoever. Message says ‘Sorry your service does not allow access to this number. Goodbye”!

Having a phone number to call for tech support would be a good idea as well, I’ve just struggled for the last 30 mins trying to find a way to ask this question as the registration page wasn’t working, your phone line appears to be purely automated (of which this issue is not an option) and your Live chat appears to be non-existent. I’ve been a happy customer with ID so far but this issue is pushing me towards looking elsewhere for my sim only contract which I can switch at any time!

Userlevel 1

Could we get a full postcode example @DR Alice Massey?

We’ll then be able to check into a specific mast for any known issues there.

Thanks

I would prefer not to give those details on a forum but have managed to get a personal message and have answered that question at that point. They have examples of calls this has happened in with time and number of cut offs which of course you could get looking at my billing where a recall happens dome 20sec after but heho still we do the work when your service is messing up.  Now I really do hope that is logged as a problem as it's really not clear how you do that which is really bad customer service. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @DR Alice Massey,

Thanks for getting in touch, we’ll be sure to keep on top of this for you via PM.

Regards,
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?