Question

Sort of catch 22 situation with new idMobile SIM, can't find my number

• 6 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I am transferring from Three to idMobile.  I have got my PAC code from Three and I have take the Three SIM out of my phone and put the idMobile one in.

Now I’m stuck!  I don’t know my idMobile number (it’s *not* on the paperwork, nor was it in any of the E-M ails I’ve been sent).

I can’t call anyone in order to see the number as it’s saying I have no credit but I think that may be because I haven’t properly detached myself from Three.

So:-

1 - Is there a way to find my number from the phone (Android 11)?

2 - How do I make sure I’m using my idMobile account (which should have credit as I bought some with the SIM)?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @chrisisbd,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Userlevel 1

OK, thank you.

However I visited Carphone Warehouse today and, after a fair amount of difficulty, they eventually found my account and thus my phone number.  All set up and working now.

I think the issue *may* have been that my son (same birthday as me, different year of course) has also just bought a SIM.  The first search for my name at my address found my son and couldn’t find me for some reason.  The assistant at Carphone Warehouse had to scan the barcode from the SIM holder card and *that* found me, at the correct address etc. and showed us the phone number.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @chrisisbd that could be possible.

Is everything all sorted now?

Userlevel 1

Everything is working now which is a great improvement! :-)  I’ve put my PAC code in too so should get my old Three number transferred tomorrow.

The only remaining issue is that I don’t seem to have got my £6 bundle that I paid for when I bought the SIM.  I bought it on 26th August so it should last for a month from then shouldn’t it?  It was the lack of credit on my phone/SIM that caused much of my problem as, if there had been credit, I could have simply called someone to find out my number.

I have the order number and so on.  Should I give you that in a private message?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @chrisisbd,

The credit usually is applied after 24 hours of the SIM being activated. Has that amount of time passed yet?

Will

Userlevel 1

I think this thread is overlapping our private messages, I’ve answered the above there (I think).

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @chrisisbd,

No problem, we will continue the conversation there if you have recently replied to our latest message.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?