Solved

Stuck - unable to order replacement for lost sim

• 27 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’ve been a customer for a while - recently my sim was lost by a family member - I’m not able to log in as I can’t receive a 2fa code and I’m not able to call or chat (which doesn’t work) - has been an extremely frustrating experience - I just want a sim for a service I’ve been paying for 2 months for!

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 June 2022, 00:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If online chat doesn't work on your smartphone, try another device like a tablet, iPad or laptop.

You can also chat with iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

The iD agents work between 9am - 8pm weekdays and 9am - 6pm weekends. Outside these times you’ll get an automated reply.

Good luck!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

And for £5, you can buy a replacement SIM in-store from your nearest Currys.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite  - helpful.

I reactivated my Facebook account and got help through messenger.

The live chat doesn’t work for me on iPhone, (chrome or safari) nor on my MacBook Pro (Chrome or Safari) - I tried different browsers incase it was a extension issue but it just never loaded! (wonder if it’s geolocation locked).

Either way - shouldn’t the fb messenger + twitter ‘channels’ be better advertised for customers on the main website? If I hadn’t have signed up and asked here, I would have just cancelled and moved to another provider due to my poor experience!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yeah @r5ingh, the iD social media agents seem to be very helpful - and it’s more likely facebook and Twitter work on a wide range of devices.

I’ve got an iPhone (running iOS 15.5) and use iD’s online chat in Safari - no issues.

Did you try using Firefox on your MacBook Pro?

Anyway, glad you’ve got things sorted.

I've been having the exact same problem with the chat. It doesn't work on any device I use! 

Terrible service!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I've been having the exact same problem with the chat. It doesn't work on any device I use! 

Terrible service!

You can also chat privately with iD Mobile using facebook or Twitter.

@r5ingh got a replacement SIM by using facebook Messenger to chat privately with iD Mobile. 

FYI, I’ve just tried their online live chat, which seems to work okay.

The chat is 100% not working on phone or laptop for me. I have tried different browsers too. 

I have sent a message via Facebook. 

Userlevel 1

Terrible service!

I think the problem is a plugin / strict browser settings. If you’re blocking tracking cookies or using plugins like privacy badger / disconnect etc I don’t think the chat widget loads… It didn’t work for me on my iPhone, iPad, Macbook! I found the facebook messenger route to be very good - but obviously an issue if you don’t use facebook! 

Technically, I think a bug should be raised for the issue for the ID mobile tech team - they should be able to detect any blocked third party calls or libraries and give a user a helpful prompt instead of things just not “appearing” - clearly this only affects a small % of users but I think think it is an issue that can be handled via the engineering team.

Why iD Mobile?