Question

terrible signal

• 11 January 2021
  • 3 replies

I moved back to the UK in November and picked up a ID SIM but I never seem to have more than one bar of signal. The 4G is terrible is this simply me or is the signal just not good? 

I've a duel SIM phone as I kept my French business Number this is obviously roaming but always has a full signal, usually through vodaphone. 

Do people just persist with this or are there any options? Without WiFi calling I think the sun would be almost unusable.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re sorry to hear this is the case for you @Paddle4play and by no means should that ever be the norm except in some rural areas and such.

Could we get your full postcode just to check if any known issues are said to be affecting your local mast(s)?

Does the signal improve if your iD Mobile SIM is in slot 1 of your phone at all?

I use the ID SIM in slot 1 already. 

My postcode is SO15 2JN it's been a constant problem since I got the SIM even making calls they drop out. I lived in the middle of rural France and expected bad 4G yet it was much better than here. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Paddle4play 

We have checked this on our end and can see there was an outage that ended on 13/01/21. We will send you a Private Message so we can escalate this to our Tech Team to look into further.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?