Question

Transaction screen keeps refreshing and i get charged each time

• 15 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi there, I’m trying to purchase an iPhone XR and am up to the payment page where ID takes 0.01 away for the transaction to process, however, this page has refreshed 3 times on my iPad and charged me the 0.01 as well as my phone when I tried on there for a total of 4 times. I’m not bothered about being charged, it’s pennies. Why am I unable to go ahead with the transaction, there’s no error message for me to view so unsure what’s happening

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Marsargo99,

I am sorry to hear about this. If the transaction has not gone through, then those 1p payments that are pending will be released in due course. Have you tried to make the order from a different device and/or browser?

Ryan

Ive just checked my account and can see you have taken 5 1 pence payments from my bank account when i was ordering my daughters contract phone. Have these been individual credit searches against my name? I have spent years perfecting my credit score profile. All these searches could have a serious affect on this.

Ryan is he being credit searched each time those 1p payments are being taken?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello@Ali442,

Credit searches are only run once the order has been successfully placed. In the above scenario, I am led to believe the order is not completing to proceed to the credit check stage and thus no credit check is being run.

The 1p is taken during the verification stage. 

Mohammed

Edit: Topics merged.

Why iD Mobile?