Question

Transfer files to new phone

Userlevel 2

Hello I transferred all my files, apps etx from my old Samsung to my new google 4a fine but I didn't tick all the reminder boxes within my Goggle caldendar so it didnt transfer all my reminders. It transferred the google calendar fine. How do I retransfer my google caldendar again from my old samsung to my new google phone?

Thank you!!

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mccrewe Great question! Transferring data to your new phone can be a nightmare! It was very difficult for me to transfer from Samsung back to an Apple devices. 

Maybe one of our superhero's (@Gregor @terrywebbs or @WelshPaul) could share their expertise? 

Emil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Mccrewe

I have two ideas to help you with your enquiry. 

First I am thinking that you could use third party transfer data application from Google Play Store, just type in the search bar there "transfer data" and you will find many apps claiming to do the job for you. Looks for the one with high user ratings and no "in app purchases". If any of these will do the trick then you can uninstall them afterwards. 

Another idea, will be more troublesome as it would require you to do factory reset on your Pixel 4a and go through the setup and data transfer again. This time check all the boxes required and continue as you did last time.

Let me know if these ideas are suitable for you. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 2

Thank you so much. When I look for the data transfer app and install the app, do I look and install it on my old phone or my new one, sorry, I am not very phone savy 🙄

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

@Mccrewe you will need to install the same app on both phones. When you find that suit your needs it will navigate you step by step what to do. Don't worry, it will be easier as it seems 🙂

Badge +10

@Mccrewe

The better way to avoid miss syncing of data you might already have input.
You can use the export data feature to create a download file of just the reminders
(you can then email this back to yourself)

Then import the file in to the new mobile

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/9843407?hl=en

follow up article below

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190

The sync process of apps with the cloud isn’t always the best feature of google
Downloading the raw data as a .csv can sometimes be the smart solution!

Userlevel 2

Thank you everyone. I will give it a go and let you know if I manage to do it without my phone exploding!!! 🙃

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks both for assisting. Hopefully your assistance helps her with his issue.

@Mccrewe Once your issue is resolved, please mark the method you used as the ‘most helpful answer’ whether this be @terrywebbs or @Gregor’s.

Emil

Userlevel 2

Will do and I am her not a him ha ha!

Badge +10

@Emil you need more pronouns in your diet!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mccrewe My apologies!!!! I have corrected this. Sorry, my bad.

Userlevel 2

Oh don't feel bad, it is fine. I am only messing, as how would you have known by my username.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mccrewe Still my fault, but haha thank you :)

Userlevel 2

No fault allowed. It's cool. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Lol... I wanted to put like on your post and I marked it solved 🤦🏼

Badge +10

Lol... I wanted to put like on your post and I marked it solved 🤦🏼

@Gregor no pronouns can help you with that!

Userlevel 2

Indeed! The issue I am having is that my Google calendar tasks linked to my Gmail were all transferred to my new Google phone calendar but the tasks, events that come under something called 'My calendar' did not transfer as they are not linked to my Gmail.

How do I transfer the My calendar tasks to the new Google phone?

Sorry to bother everyone. Thanks Marie

Userlevel 2

I was able to extract Google tasks from my older calendar into a file but it only extracted up to 2018. Not up to date. Thanks

Badge +10

@Mccrewe

Was the current date showing in the calendar before you did the export/extract

Not sure if that would make any difference, but it’s the sort of quirky thing google would have!

Userlevel 2

Yes current date was in my calendar. I think my calendar which maybe was my old phones standard one, Samsung was linked up to the Google calendar on my old Samsung so looked just one calendar, so when transferred only the events linked to my Google account transferred. 

Badge +10

@Mccrewe

If the google sync was working as one expects it too, it would have synced all your data to the cloud on your gmail account thus when your registered your new mobile it would have transferred over all the data in the first place .

Just one of many reasons why I moved away from Android.

Worth checking the google sync settings on your new mobile to see if all your data is set to sync to the cloud, better to be safe for the next time!

Why iD Mobile?