Solved

Transferred number will expire in 28 days

Userlevel 1

I’m transferring to ID from BT mobile on Monday night and I got an email from BT yesterday to say they have transferred me to new provider and it was complete.  When I log into ID it says porting is still in process. 
I’ve just gone into iPhone settings and it says my original number will expire in 28 days and shows the ID number as my phone number, Is this because ID haven’t finished the transfer yet?
When I call out it’s my original number that it’s using so I’m really confused! 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 June 2022, 12:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You’ve left out the most important part of information… When did you submit your porting request and what date was the port to iD supposed to happen?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’m transferring to ID from BT mobile on Monday night and I got an email from BT yesterday to say they have transferred me to new provider and it was complete.  When I log into ID it says porting is still in process. 
I’ve just gone into iPhone settings and it says my original number will expire in 28 days and shows the ID number as my phone number, Is this because ID haven’t finished the transfer yet?

It sounds like Apple might have your (new?) Apple iPhone still linked to the number you first got from iD Mobile - i.e. the number before your number port from BT to iD took place.

Assuming you’re using iOS 15 or later, do you see the correct number under the following:

• Settings > Phone > My Number
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
  • Settings > FaceTime - should show correct number 
  • Settings > AppleID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email - “CONTACTABLE AT” should show correct number

Is this your first iPhone?

Userlevel 1

You’ve left out the most important part of information… When did you submit your porting request and what date was the port to iD supposed to happen?

28/6

Userlevel 1

It sounds like Apple might have your (new?) Apple iPhone still linked to the number you first got from iD Mobile - i.e. the number before your number port from BT to iD took place.

Assuming you’re using iOS 15 or later, do you see the correct number under the following:

• Settings > Phone > My Number
  • Settings > Messages > Send & Receive
  • Settings > FaceTime - should show correct number 
  • Settings > AppleID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email - “CONTACTABLE AT” should show correct number

Is this your first iPhone?

Thank you! It’s working now 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wonderful @Lauran79, did you need to do anything, or did it just ‘magically’ start working? 

Why iD Mobile?