Question

Transferring my old ID mobile no. to a new ID mobile sim

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

i am struggling to transfer my old ID mobile no. to a new Sim only contract sim card with ID mobile its saying that the Pac code doesnt work but its still plenty in date and not invalid. the sim is activated and i have the App working.

it keeps saying you cant Port in with an ID PAC code. you need to get one from your old network, and use that instead. but my old network is ID 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lesleylucas1987,

We’re unable to port in a number from our own network, it has to leave first. So what we need to do here is something called a “Triangle Port”.

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than ourselves and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM. You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from ourselves and giving it to the pay as you go network.

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code. Once you have this, you can then contact us again and port the number into your new line.

Hope this helps. - Will

Why iD Mobile?