Question

Trouble receiving a replacement SIM and activating after phone stolen

• 22 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Nearly two weeks ago my phone was stolen.

It’s taken ID mobile until TODAY to get me a replacement SIM.

I have to activate the SIM.  

I can’t log into the website due to longstanding technical problems that noone seems to be able to solve, despite repeat requests.

I can’t ring the call centre BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A GODDAMN SIM. 

So I borrowed my friend’s phone to do it. All call centre systems are down and no-one can help.

Live chat is perennially unavailable.

I am working 12 hour days and am extremely busy.  

Sick to the back teeth of this JOKE of a network.  If you are reading this considering IDMobile, please DO YOURSELF A FAILURE AND AVOID THEM.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello@Kiera,

It’s unfortunate to hear that your handset has been stolen and you’ve had issues with getting a replacement SIM up and running.

Our contact centres are receiving a very high volume of contact due to the recent outage which would be adding fuel to the flam here as you’ve limited ways to contact us.

We do provide support over Social Media both on Facebook or on Twitter so if you message us on either one of those platforms, we’ll be able to provide support there.

However, if you can’t, you’ll still be able to email us  and we’ll try to assist. Just expect a slower response,  We’re setting your expectations here due to the issues you’ve faced already.

We do hope we’re able to get this resolved for you.

EDIT: If I’m not wrong, you should be able to activate this here even without an iD account: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

I’ve renamed your topic to better describe the issues you’re facing. 

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have now left ID Mobile.

Registering the SIM was just too hard and too complicated.  I am too busy for this shit.

To repeat the heading of my post ID MOBILE ARE THE WORST MOBILE NETWORK IN THE UK.  CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ATROCIOUS.

Why iD Mobile?