Question

trouble with receiving text messages

Since yesterday I'm not receiving text messages 

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sonia dias 

Have you tried restarting your handset? Are you able to make and receive calls? 

-Mohsin

Yes I did tried more than one .

Yes I'm able to receive or make calls the only issue is not receiving text messages. 

I already done everything possible swap phone inclusive and nothing. I need to order a new sum card please

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sonia dias, there’s nothing to suggest this is a SIM issue at this point, so let’s hold off on that for the time being. Are you not receiving any texts at all, or is it only from certain numbers? Does the sender get any sort of error message?

Could you please reset your network settings for me to see if this helps?

On iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

On Android, go to Settings > System or General management > Reset > Reset network settings.

Thank you,

Rory

I've done already.still the same. I've put the sim in another phone and still having problems.... Iso must he the sim. I need an urgent solution on this matter I cannot stay without receiving text messages.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Sonia dias, you can request a new SIM card by contacting our Live Chat team.

Do let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi I received the replacement sim card but didn't resolved my issue. I already talked again with live chat team and nothing sorted until now. What I can do I'm losing work because off this .

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sonia dias 

Is the number you are using originally ported over from Lyca Mobile? If so, we are aware of an issue where Customers who have ported in where Lyca Mobile is the origin network are unable to receive off-net SMS. We can confirm this is being looked into and LYCA is working on a resolution for this with their Vendor.

-Mohsin

Yes I think so .I had this number from lyca and changed to EE and now to ID mobile. How long to sorted this today is 3 weeks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Sonia dias 

This is being looked into from Lycas's end and we are just awaiting an outcome from them regarding this. We hope for this to be resolved as soon as possible.

-Mohsin

3 weeks and asking to wait more my gods this is to much 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sonia dias,

We apologise for this taking longer than expected. The issue is on Lyca’s end and is out of our control but our Technical Teams are monitoring the situation to push for this to be sorted.

Ryan

I've been told by your side that I could keep my number that's was one of the reasons for choosing ID and now this. I still without receiving messages and no solution by your part. If the problem is from lycamobile side I'm willing to change for a new number from ID... I can no longer keep like this. If the problem is from the other side and you send me a new number from ID, problem solve...RIGHT?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello Sonia,

Assigning a new number may fix the issue but has a charge of £25.00 but we can’t guarantee this will resolve the issue.

Mohammed

25£???

Really …

This is resolved today thanks god but if not it was not my fault so asking me for 25 £ when is a new phone a new contract. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Sonia dias,

We didn’t say it would cost you £25.00 to resolve. We advised that it was already being looked into by LYCA to resolve, furthermore the issue not being from our end.

You advised that you’d be happy to settle for a new number, and I just confirmed that a new number/change of number costs £25.00. This is regardless of how long you’ve been with us.

I am however, pleased to hear it’s now fixed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?