Question

Trying to port mobile number, new iD mob number required for process but they haven't given me one? only a sim card

Userlevel 1

Can anyone suggest where or how I get my new iD mobile number? I haven’t received one via email nor is it in my plan receipt (which is where this website says it will be). I have my old number and PAC code but the form I need to fill out asks for the iD mobile number too.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Wasn’t there some paper work with the SIM card?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can also submit a PAC using the iD Live Chat - use any telephone number when starting the chat.

Userlevel 1

No, no paper work with the sim card just a generic iD envelope. Looked at it all over and there’s no mobile number nor in any email I’ve received hence my post! I do check first before asking! 

Ok thank you I will try the livechat option  :) 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay, thanks @Bella Brownhill.

My iD SIM card came in a cardboard sleeve and inside was an A5 sheet with the order details, transaction number and mobile number.

I guess you’ve just joined iD - have you got your handset yet?
The paperwork that came with the handset might have these details?

iD dispatch the handset and SIM separately, which seems odd to me - I guess they’ve a reason for doing it this way.

Userlevel 1

I wonder if it’s because I got the phone online through carphone warehouse?

The sim and phone came together but with no paperwork at all. When I put the sim in the phone though and started the process of setting up the phone, when it finished a text came through with my new mobile number which I then put on the the online form with the PAC number etc so it’s all sorted now. 

It’s just that online it said the number was made available a certain way and for me it wasn’t so I was thinking how do I get it. Suppose it’s one of those where not the whole process has been tested first prior to putting set up instructions online - they should add: that once the sim is put in the phone a text may come through with your number. 

Thanks for your replies and advice :)

Why iD Mobile?