Solved

Two different SIMs delivered but I do not know which is which

• 15 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Recently I ordered two SIMs with different data limits. They both arrived on same day.  I have tried to cross-reference all the invoice/transaction/customer/contract/phone number/order number/etc, but there is no common factor or number between the online order/email references and the details on the delivered SIMs/documents.

How can I tell which SIM is which so I can correctly allocate them?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 August 2020, 13:49

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MrAngry,

If you get one set up on the App, you’ll be able to see how much data it has right away.

Will

Userlevel 1

Because I want to keep my old numbers, I believe that I need to know which SIM is which before use otherwise I could allocate the wrong mobile phone number to the wrong SIM.

The switching link https://switching.idmobile.co.uk/ makes it clear that need all the information.

Is there some way that you can check your records if I give you Invoice number, transaction number, customer number, phone number, contract number or IDMULTISIM number for either or both SIMs

Thanks

Userlevel 1

It is surprising and annoying that the ORDER NUMBER [ORDER REFERENCE] that is created when placing order, is NOT included on the documentation that accompanies the SIM.  Instead IDMOBILE choose to use INVOICE & TRANSACTION NUMBERS.

Hopefully you can cross-reference if you access to files.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

One more thing.  I am unable to register myiD to check data etc unless I do so with the mobile number that I do not want to keep as the setup process requires a security code being sent to the iD mobile number that I don’t want to keep.  I am therefore unable to register until the PAC transfer is complete, but for that I need to know which SIM is which.

Only solution that I can see is you are able to tell me which iD Mobile phone number is which contract, or any combination mentioned above.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

One more thing.  I am unable to register myiD to check data etc unless I do so with the mobile number that I do not want to keep as the setup process requires a security code being sent to the iD mobile number that I don’t want to keep.  I am therefore unable to register until the PAC transfer is complete, but for that I need to know which SIM is which.

Only solution that I can see is you are able to tell me which iD Mobile phone number is which contract, or any combination mentioned above.

Thanks.

Hello @MrAngry,

I’d be happy to clear up and answer any questions here.

The Transaction number is sent via the invoice that’s included in the package with your order. It should be a Carphone Warehouse headed paper.

The SIM Serial numbers (IDMULTISIM) should be on the packet each SIM was inside, but you can also find the partial number printed physically onto the SIM card and match them this way;

In regards to registering, you can register with the temporary number iD Mobile has provided on the SIM. Don’t worry if you are porting your number over with a PAC Code as this will just update when it’s done.

So to find the numbers, first put 1 SIM card in your phone, call/text a friend or family member. Then get them to confirm the iD number for you.

Then head to https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Enter the iD Mobile number you’ve just had confirmed

Your last name

Date of birth

Follow the steps after the code is texted to that SIM and register with your email & password.

NOTE: you can’t use the same email twice for both numbers

After registering, you can click My Services > Keep your number and enter the PAC code & number you want to transfer.

You’ll know which one to enter as you’ll be able to see the plan information when you’re logged in showing how much minutes, data, texts and the price.

Then repeat for the other SIM.

I’ll also get a PM sent to you in case you did need further support or for us to confirm all the information after checking the account.

Of course, if you don’t need this then you can simply ignore the PM.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Who gets to decide if a question is solved?

I see that this post is marked as SOLVED but it is NOT SOLVED.

Also it seems bizarre that the only attempt to answer is marked as BEST ANSWER, which might be technically correct, but is misleading as it hasn’t solved the problem.  :frowning2:

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

Great that you have taken the time to offer some support.  A lot of information to take in.  I shall have a proper read after work and hopefully this will help.

However, it doesn’t address the original question…

Two SIMs arrived the same day in separate packages.  They have different contracts as one is low data and one is for lots of data.  They are for different devices.

I am unable to find any way to determine which SIM is which as NONE of the reference numbers that came on the SIMs or Documentation match any of the information or numbers when I placed the order.

It would be helpful if you were able to cross-reference my Order Number [emailed to me] with an Invoice or Transaction number [included in the deliveries].

To be clear, the Order Number generated at time of placing order is NOT one of the items of information provided with the SIM or documentation in the packages.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Thanks.

Hello @MrAngry,

I’d be happy to clear up and answer any questions here.

The Transaction number is sent via the invoice that’s included in the package with your order. It should be a Carphone Warehouse headed paper.

The SIM Serial numbers (IDMULTISIM) should be on the packet each SIM was inside, but you can also find the partial number printed physically onto the SIM card and match them this way;

In regards to registering, you can register with the temporary number iD Mobile has provided on the SIM. Don’t worry if you are porting your number over with a PAC Code as this will just update when it’s done.

So to find the numbers, first put 1 SIM card in your phone, call/text a friend or family member. Then get them to confirm the iD number for you.

Then head to https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

Enter the iD Mobile number you’ve just had confirmed

Your last name

Date of birth

Follow the steps after the code is texted to that SIM and register with your email & password.

NOTE: you can’t use the same email twice for both numbers

After registering, you can click My Services > Keep your number and enter the PAC code & number you want to transfer.

You’ll know which one to enter as you’ll be able to see the plan information when you’re logged in showing how much minutes, data, texts and the price.

Then repeat for the other SIM.

I’ll also get a PM sent to you in case you did need further support or for us to confirm all the information after checking the account.

Of course, if you don’t need this then you can simply ignore the PM.

Mohammed

SORRY TO ALSO SEND INCORPORATING QUOTE.

I WASN’T SURE IF YOU WOULD GET MY ORIGINAL REPLY AS I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS WORKS.

Hi Mohammed,

Great that you have taken the time to offer some support.  A lot of information to take in.  I shall have a proper read after work and hopefully this will help.

However, it doesn’t address the original question…

Two SIMs arrived the same day in separate packages.  They have different contracts as one is low data and one is for lots of data.  They are for different devices.

I am unable to find any way to determine which SIM is which as NONE of the reference numbers that came on the SIMs or Documentation match any of the information or numbers when I placed the order.

It would be helpful if you were able to cross-reference my Order Number [emailed to me] with an Invoice or Transaction number [included in the deliveries].

To be clear, the Order Number generated at time of placing order is NOT one of the items of information provided with the SIM or documentation in the packages.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MrAngry,

I’ve replied to your PM now, if you have any queries, just reply to our message there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?