Unable to cancel an un-registered sim

Userlevel 1

A week ago I set up a 2nd iD account for a £20pm sim only deal. Despite it being advertised as a 30 day plan I naively thought following 30 days the plan would expire having run its course? Not so it seems. In order to cancel the plan I must register the sim, then from online go through various stages in order to cancel the sim plan.

I simply wish to change the £20pm plan to an £18pm plan. Surely this can be achieved by iD? Previous threads on this subject have suggested things I am unable to do. Please, someone at iD can you simply change my current £20pm plan to your £18pm plan.

I am well within the 14 day iD cooling off period but do not wish to activate that option. I am more than happy with the iD sim card and the speed with which it delivers data to my WiFi router - I simply wish to change my plan - Help Please!

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Reachingout, you’ll need to register the 2nd plan for its own iD My Account.

Once you have registered the 2nd plan, you should be able to change to an alternative plan from the iD My Account for your 2nd iD plan.

You might also be able to change your plan in-store at Currys or Carphone Warehouse.

Did you manage to find the option to read SMS messages via the web interface for your Huawei broadband router?

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite Many thanks for getting back to me. I have just this minute managed to register the £20 plan through the braodband router (phew!)

I will now attempt to change my current plan. My thanks indeed for your efforts and guidance so far - Cheers

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi andewhite Many thanks for getting back to me. I have just this minute managed to register the £20 plan through the broadband router (phew!)

I will now attempt to change my current plan. My thanks indeed for your efforts and guidance so far - Cheers

FYI, when I checked change plan options from my own iD My Account online, I saw an £18/month unlimited calls, texts and data plan - anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi again andewhite - Well so much for registering the 2nd account! When I click the Change my plan I get; Sorry, there are no plans that you can currently change to, Jesus Christ!!!! If iD had not been so sneaky as to advertise a 30 day plan but make it a rolling plan from one month into another I would not be looking to change the bloody plan. What does it take to simply change from a badly advertised plan to another? I could understand all the chew if I was looking to leave to another provider, but hell, Im still looking to stay with iD, but just change to a different plan.

Unless this can be facilitated without any more grief then I feel the only way out of this mess is cite the 14 day cooling off period and to be honest, if that is the avenue we are looking at then I may as well look to another provider. This is getting above a joke.

Incidentally, iD also state I cannot change my plan until next year - Really, this from a 30 day plan?

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite Many thanks for getting back to me. I have just this minute managed to register the £20 plan through the broadband router (phew!)

FYI, when I checked change plan options from my own iD My Account online, I saw an £18/month unlimited calls, texts and data plan - anyway, good luck.

That is the exact plan I wish to sign up to. Ill happily sign into a 12/24 month contract if I can get any sense out of iD and be allowed to change to it.

Userlevel 1

If I haven’t already made clear, this sim is for my broadband router. Ok, £18ppm is not much of a saving compared to my current £20pm but a saving nontheless. I really must state the lack of being able to speak with anyone at iD does not put this company in a good light. Even Live Chat, does it ever work?

Userlevel 1

Hi again andewhite - last request …. if indeed there is no avenue other than calling in the 14 day cancellation, can you kindly provide details as to how this is done - Sincere thanks for your patience and efforts - Cheers, Neil

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @Reachingout, way more difficult than really necessary.

Maybe hold-fire for just a moment.

According to the “How do I change my plan?” community FAQ, after 30 days with iD you can change plan.

Can you manage with the £20/month deal until your 30 days have passed?

If so, hold on and change to the desired £18/month plan at this point?

Otherwise, I guess it’s a case of giving-up, cancelling and looking elsewhere.

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite, Sure mate, I don’t mind holding fire on bailing out although to do so would see me outside the cooling off period? That said, yes, I am more than happy to wait - I can do without the chew of terminating plans/contracts etc. I simply wish to buy into the £18ppm plan (I always expected to at least let my initial months plan run its course first)

I have just checked my current plan ‘see below’ Nowhere does it suggest this is a rolling ongoing contract. Yet reading through the small print of the terms and conditions, it is clear to a blind man the penalties for calling in a 14 day cooling off period are questionable. A 30 day plan it is not.

Anyway, once again mate, sincere thanks for all your help thus far - Legend you certainly are - Cheers

£20.00 per month
Unlimited data
1 month

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Reachingout 

Are you still having issues contacting us? We’re contactable through Facebook, Twitter and the Live Chat!

You’d be able to change a plan after the minimum term of the original plan has expired, in this case with it being a 1 month contract plan you’d have to allow that first month to expire and then you’ll be able to process a plan change in the iD Mobile App.

All of our contracts continue until the account holder decides to do something else with them, a contract would not end itself after the minimum contract period has ended, otherwise a lot of people would lose their numbers unexpectedly and be left without service. If you don’t feel a contract plan is for you, I’d recommend our Pay as you Go options.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi Tom - Thank you for enquiring. The contact issues are still there, insomuch as Live Chat (Dead Chat) to my pc - does not appear. God knows I have tried often enough!

andewhite (who’s patience and guidance has been invaluable) has previously stated the very same information you mention regards awaiting my initial one month plan to expire before processing a plan change via the iD mobile app. If I have one concern relating to that it is I have just seen the below statements when looking at plan changes/upgrades. Hopefully this will not be applicable to me being I am on a one month plan?

Sorry, you can't upgrade right now because:

It's too early for you to upgrade.

You haven't been with us long enough to upgrade. Your eligibility date is 05/02/2023

No plans available

Sorry, there are no plans that you can currently change to.

Lastly, given my current £20pm plan automatically rolls from one month into the next at what point can I request a plan change given I have to wait until this month has expired. Am I correct in thinking I cannot change to the £18pm plan until month 3?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Reachingout, you can change your plan after the first 30 days have elapsed, and then you can change it freely after that every 30 days.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi Tom - Thank you for enquiring. The contact issues are still there, insomuch as Live Chat (Dead Chat) to my pc - does not appear. God knows I have tried often enough!

andewhite (who’s patience and guidance has been invaluable) has previously stated the very same information you mention regards awaiting my initial one month plan to expire before processing a plan change via the iD mobile app. If I have one concern relating to that it is I have just seen the below statements when looking at plan changes/upgrades. Hopefully this will not be applicable to me being I am on a one month plan?

Sorry, you can't upgrade right now because:

It's too early for you to upgrade.

You haven't been with us long enough to upgrade. Your eligibility date is 05/02/2023

No plans available

Sorry, there are no plans that you can currently change to.

Lastly, given my current £20pm plan automatically rolls from one month into the next at what point can I request a plan change given I have to wait until this month has expired. Am I correct in thinking I cannot change to the £18pm plan until month 3?

Okay @Reachingout, “Upgrade” and “Change” are two very different things, in the eyes of iD Mobile.

Once the first month of your £20/month plan has elapsed, you should be able to change your plan.

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Reachingout, you can change your plan after the first 30 days have elapsed, and then you can change it freely after that every 30 days.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory Thank you for your input. So given I must wait until one month has elapsed by which time I will have entered a 2nd month, am I correct in thinking it will be month 3 before I can commence my preferred £18pm plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Reachingout,

I’ll hopefully try to answer and all of these for you.

When you join iD on a 1-month plan, it’s basically a rolling contract.

This refreshes each month on the chosen plan until you cancel, change or upgrade.

In regards to registering, this will just be a regular SIM card but you’re using it in a router (I knowe we don’t do data only SIMs anymore that’s why).

Pop the iD SIM into a phone then text someone and ask them to confirm the number linked to that plan (if you don’t already know it).

Once you have this, keep the SIM in a phone, head to our website and register for an iD account.

You can’t use the same email username you’ve used for a previous contract so a new username will be needed.

We will send a code to your SIM via text, which you can get as the SIM is in a phone.

Enter the code and complete registration.

You can now put the SIM back into your router and be able to log-in and manager this account moving forward.

As for plan changes and upgrades.

Upgrades refer to upgrading to a new handset contract.

You can only do this after 6-months of being with us. This is why you are seeing the February date.

Changing plans can be done every 30-days.

You can’t change plans in the first month of purchase so after your plan refreshes, log-in and change plans.

This plan change is pro-rata so should kick in witihn 24-hours giving you allowances calculated on a pro-rata basis.

So if you are 1 day into the new billing month, you’d get 29-days worth of allowances for the new plan you selected.

If you have any issues changing plans at that time, give us a shout, we will try to do this for you by sending you a PM here.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?