Solved

unable to make and receive calls and tests

• 16 January 2021
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Please can someone help me?

Up until this morning I have not been able to make or receive calls/text.

I have done the usual, turning the phone off for 5 mins, turning back on, taking the sim card out etc but nothing seems to be helping.

The coverage in my area is fine and I have not gone over any of my limits. The device Iam using is a A51 and is only 6 months old.

Is the network currently down or anything 🤔 

TIA

icon

Best answer by Ryan 19 January 2021, 14:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 1

Update - now able to make and receive calls but not text messages. This is so frustrating, more so that everything is "100% online" times like this you want to speak to a human, I hope that once covid has evaporated you see sense and put things back to how it was! If not I will most definitely be re thinking my network provider!! 

Userlevel 1

I'm having trouble with senting and receiving text and can't talk to anyone. they have also sent my two SIM cards 

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same issue and it is extremely frustrating that we cannot speak to anyone. 

Customer service is non existent, and I too will be considering moving networks when contracts are up. 

I cannot send or receive texts but can make calls. Coverage is very good in my area apparently 

Userlevel 2

i am having the same issue and cant resolve

Userlevel 1

I have not had this problem before.  It's only Benn happening from this morning.  Is it a network issue?

Userlevel 1

Same problem here - unable to make texts or calls on an unlimited tariff, cant speak with customer services (agents currently busy) , why is this marked as solved? 

Userlevel 2

seems to be an issue with ‘Three’ at the mement

Userlevel 2

12.38 was my last text message received

Userlevel 1

Managed to speak with customer services via live chat who confirmed there is an issue with text messaging and that they are working on a fix. My problem with voice calls is resolved. Would be a good idea if they had a service status page so customers knew if there was a current issue to save people jamming up the live chat !!!

Userlevel 2

Managed to speak with customer services via live chat who confirmed there is an issue with text messaging and that they are working on a fix. My problem with voice calls is resolved. Would be a good idea if they had a service status page so customers knew if there was a current issue to save people jamming up the live chat !!!

thanks for confirming

Userlevel 1

thanks for confirming

No problem it looks like you identified that the issue is with ‘Three’ who IDMobile piggy back onto, they have tweeted confirmation - https://twitter.com/ThreeUK/status/1350439358223015939

Userlevel 1

Finally, I'm back to normal use! Hope everyone else is too? Thanks for the replies 🙂

Userlevel 1

Same problem here - unable to make texts or calls on an unlimited tariff, cant speak with customer services (agents currently busy) , why is this marked as solved? 

I know I was thinking the same! It definitely wasn't me that did it, thats for sure lol.. ID are quick enough to solve my question but not deal with the actual problem 🤔🤣

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi all,

We did have some network issues relating to failed calls at the end of last week along with the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

I have unresolved the previous post for now as I’m unsure who did mark it as resolved however I have now marked this answer as the best answer for now to ensure people can see the update above.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan,

The issue resolved itself a couple of days ago, at the time of my post there were no network service errors to view online at the time and I thought that by creating a post, I would get some sort of response from ID but the only replies I received, which I was grateful for were other ID customers who were in the same frustrating position as me and we were not getting any answers.

Can I ask will ID Mobile be staying with the "100% online" service or is this just a temporary measure?

I did everything I was supposed to do when I had a query and yet only now do I receive a response from ID it is very frustrating and I am not the only one who is un happy with this new service!

I think this is most definitely something that needs to be highlighted to the powers above.

Best wishes 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Star589,

Thank you for your feedback.

On the day you have mentioned having the issues, the issue you experienced was a nationwide problem, so we were trying to get back to more people than usual with the same amount of people working, as there was no way we could have foreseen the issue to staff accordingly. This did lead to people waiting longer for a response than usual, and we apologise for any frustration that may have caused.

We do however greatly appreciate your feedback, and we do take it on board.

Thanks again,

Will

Why iD Mobile?