Solved

Unable to receive text messages from PayPal

• 22 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am trying to link my iDMobile number with Paypal but phone verification text messages sent by Paypal are not received on my number.

Checked with Paypal support and they asked to check with Mobile phone operator.

Can someone help please?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Kevin 3 November 2020, 21:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Manjit, sorry to hear you’re not receiving security texts from PayPal. If you raise a tech ticket with the Live Chat team, they’ll look into this for you. 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Hello Rory,

I appreciate your response and advise. Thank you for your help.

I followed your instructions and contacted your live chat support but honestly speaking

live chat support is total crap. I don’t think there are any real human support agents help.

They look like bots send automatic repeated message like this:

Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

I'll be right with you.

Thanks for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

I'll be right with you.

It went on for 2 hours with me no matter what write in the chat.

Very Very disappointed.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello @Manjit,

It’s unfortunate to hear that they weren't able to help with your issue, usually they would have been able to have it sorted. We will arrange for someone to send you a PM for further support.

Ryan

I am experiencing the same issue and think it's time to leave. 

It's a complete ball ache.

Idmobile is great until you have a problem and then your on your own.

Appalling

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re more than happy to help you here @howardooo, same goes for oue Live Chat Team too.

To help with you having problems receiving these One Time Passcode texts we’ve sent you a private message here so that we can get that looked at.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Why iD Mobile?