Solved

unable to receive texts since porting my number to iD (OTP)

• 17 January 2020
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1

I have ported my number from O2 to iD, using Iphone 11pro

I am unable to receive texts where two-way authentication is enabled and the organisation sends me a verification code to be able to login (e.g. eBay, PayPal, Tax office).

I have checked all my settings, the correct number is in both phone and message settings.

I tried with iMessage on and off.

I tried rebooting the phone.

Nothing works and I cannot login into my other accounts without the verification codes from the organisations that send them.

Please help!!!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 January 2020, 13:28

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 1

Forgot to add that I am able to receive texts from people who are in my contacts (most use iMessage)

Userlevel 1

Is iD Mobile set up to allow me to receive 6-digit text verification codes? 

Is the limitation could be how my mobile phone is configured (worked whilst O2 sim was used) or how my mobile account is set up?

Userlevel 1

premium numbers are enabled

Userlevel 1

I also have a top up cap set to £5

Userlevel 1

I spoke to my bank (tesco), although their number where they send the verification codes from may come under the radar as a “premium” number, their messages are not premium and free to receive.

Having said that, although the premium services on my account are enabled and I have £5 capped limit, I cannot receive any messages from any organisations be it my bank or gov.uk tax assessment when they send me an account verification code

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Today I tried authorising Apple Pay and adding my card to the iPhone wallet. Guess what? They sent me 6 digit authorisation code which I did not receive.

can someone please look into this please?

any at iD care enough to answer?

i spoke to customer service on the phone but the lady did not have a clue what I was talking about. She said it’s all premium numbers (which are enabled and I have extra credit on the account).

Apple pay or tesco Bank sending authorisation codes are not premium numbers but you are still blocking them.

can someone get to the bottom of this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @laskes,

Thanks for contacting us here.

I’m sorry to hear you are having an issue with receiving the codes from any service when trying to set-up an account/verify.

Could you please email us  so we can pick this up for you?

Though, if you have Social Media, it may be better to contact us via Twitter or Facebook so we can pick this up much quicker as responses to emails can take up to 72-hours.

Once you have contacted us, we’ll pass this over to our TechTeam to resolve.

Mohammed

I'm having the exact same problem...i just applied for a credit card and was approved...they sent me a message but I've not received anything yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @BOSS91,

Has this service ever worked before?

Can you clarify if you’ve just joined iD Mobile and transferred your number over?

Mohammed

I have transferred my number from O2 and am having the same problem 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Ronnie 

Are you using an iPhone?

If so, you may need to check your Settings > Profile and check that iMessage has the correct number for you there.  Or potentially take out the SIM, restart the phone, and help your phone refresh it’s information that way.

Let us know how you get on with that though.

Hello & thanks for reply. Yes all my settings are correct, I have logged this with iD & hopefully they can sort it as reluctant to take out sim.

I’ll await their response & go from there but thank you.

Ronnie

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Ronnie, it will likely be something that needs to be passed to our TechTeam to look into further.

Hopefully will get sorted for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’m in exactly the same position as above, transferred number from O2 today, everything working, settings all correct, iPhone restarted, but do not receive two-way authentication texts now.

Seems a commons problem based on the above. What is the solution please, do I need to wait longer or does it need escalating?

Hello,

I contacted iD tech and issue now appears resolved. It’s my understanding that the complete porting can take a little while so not sure if it would have resolved with time or if iD tech did something. Anyway definitely report it but I agree it seems like a frequent problem when transferring from one server to another so hopefully you can get it resolved too. Good luck.

Ronnie

Userlevel 1

@Ronnie thanks for your reply and I’m glad you are sorted now. How did you contact iD tech? I tried live chat who checked my account and said everything was fine so did nothing further to resolve it for me.

As things stand I receive no two-way authentication at all e.g., from gov.uk, Google, banking services, Apple, all of which I have tried.

Hi,

The first time I contacted live chat they advised I speak to the bank about the otp, the bank checked everything & were clear that it was a server issue as they were definitely sending the texts to the correct number. I also contacted apple and they checked my phone settings which were also all correct so I went back to live chat & explained that this was clearly a frequent porting issue as it appears frequently on iD community chat. The person I chatted with agreed & escalated it to the tech team.

It did take 6 days altogether for issues to be solved.

Go back to live chat & ask for it to be escalated to tech & then it is just a waiting game I’m afraid.

Regards,

Ronnie

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @dgilbert2 

Have you been able to speak to our Live Chat Team since your last message here?

If not, let us know and we’ll send you a private message to help from our side if needed.

Good to hear things have been sorted for yourself there @Ronnie

Userlevel 1

Hi there @dgilbert2 

Have you been able to speak to our Live Chat Team since your last message here?

Hi @Kevin , Live chat just blamed the banks including gov.uk, refusing to escalate to the iD  Tech Team, so I got nowhere. A complaint has now been raised so fingers crossed this will now get resolved by that route. Failing that, I will have no choice but to move to another network :slight_frown:

Im having the same problem. Just transferred my number from lyca to Id mobile .. and now I'm not receiving OTP messages. Please help

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Spasxx,

How long ago did you port the number over? Have you tried powering down the handset for 5 minutes to see if this brings them through?

Will

Hi I got a iPhone 13 and transferred my number from old company I have my calls but it won’t let me receive the txt from people or send them so I checked the number the trouble shooting said to correct the number now my calls work but txts still saying not able to send when someone try’s to send to me and mine says not able to sent and has sent multiples even tho I only sent once and it said failed to send how can I fix this as it’s a big issue for me as have older people in the family and only no how to txt 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Shell Williamson,

Can you please confirm which handset you are using?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?