Question

unable to validate bank account

I am trying to set up direct debit on my account  but every time I try it says unable to validate bank details that were entered I have checked them a ridiculous amount of times and are definitely correct but still just says invalid bank account! This is ridiculous as I can’t upgrade my phone (which I need to ASAP) unless I set up a direct debit yet when I try it won’t let me?!! Help!

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Smithnat2 

Are you trying to re-instate the original direct debit details that you had originally set up when purchasing the contract?

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin no have had a new bank account since then and don’t use the old one so am trying to set up direct debit with new card as is the only one I use now but it seems to be impossible :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Smithnat2 

Have you tried signing out of the iD app, signing back in, and then tried to set up your direct debit again? Also, is your new bank account working with other direct debits set up?

-Mohsin

@Mohsin I just tried logging out and back in and setting up again and is the same problem  and I don’t have any direct debits with my bank account this is the only one I’m trying to set up, thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Smithnat2 

And just to confirm, you are using a Visa Debit account to set the direct debit account up on the iD Mobile app?

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin yes that’s correct visa debit. I don’t know what to do have tried everything :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Smithnat2,

Something must be tripping the validation. Is the address that we hold for you the same one that the bank holds for you too? Also, have you tried setting up your direct debit using both our app and our website? Here is the link to our website log-in if not: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan yes the address is the same and yes have tried it on website and on app and just again tried through the link you sent and still saying the same thing :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Smithnat2,

Thanks for trying those. I would recommend asking your bank for any advice, just in case the block could be on their side. Please let us know how that goes.

Ryan

Hi @Ryan  I went to my bank today and they said there’s no problems at all there end they wouldn’t stop me getting a direct debit and there is nothing wrong at all so is obviously IDmobile something there end just really fustrating now doesn’t seem like anything else can try and desperately need to upgrade my phone soon but obviously can’t until I set up a direct debit which they won’t allow me to do for unknown reasons, thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Smithnat2,

Do you mind if we ask what Bank it is that you’re dealing with sorry?

Will

Hi @Will its NatWest why is that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Smithnat2,

Sometimes virtual banks can have issues with the checks when the details aren’t provided correctly. Banks like Monzo/Revolut etc tend to fail checks.

Are the bank account details the ones you had on the account previously?

Are they in your name?

If so, the next steps we can only think of is getting this looked into further via PM.

Let us know the above and we’ll send you a PM if we still can’t fix it.

Mohammed

Hi @Mohammed  no not the same bank account that was originally first used, this is a new bank account as don’t use the other old one anymore and it’s a standard NatWest bank account and yes all in my name, thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Smithnat2,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now to log this with our Tech Team.

Will

Hi @Will its okay I’ve really had enough and my phone is nearly broken so have sorted out a new one and just gonna have to pay the rest of my bill for this contract as well 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

OK @Smithnat2,

If you do change your mind though, the message has still been sent, and you can reply whenever you like, or not at all.

Will

Why iD Mobile?