Solved

unblock phone

Like I see others have had to do after blocking their phone and then finding it again,  I have had to register for this forum as the only way to try to unblock it. I can't even find the live chat link anymore.  Terrible.  Can someone please help? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Will 31 July 2020, 18:15

View original

17 replies

Hi,

I have also blocked my phone as I lost it. Luckily, someone found my phone and returned it to me! But now I don’t know how to unblock by phone…I have done the SIM on my app but if I call the phone number it sends me back to the internet. 
Please can you help? 
Best wishes, 

1. Reid 

For anyone else who sees this,  I have found on another message that the live chat button doesn't always appear.  Genius.  You have to try again a bit later it seems. But at there moment their systems are down too. 

Userlevel 1

Hi I have the same issue.  Help plz on unlocking my phone that was lost.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello there @Irritated23 

Could you elaborate a little on what you need help with?

Is it a PUK code you’re after?  Or are you looking to unlock an old phone that is locked to iD Mobile SIM’s?

To proactively get either option sorted for you, we’ve sent you a PM here now in order to take more details and help further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Abbas Ali 

I can see we have already contacted you via private message today.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

If you think your phone has been lost or stolen, id offers the option to "block your phone". I did this but have now found the phone and therefore wish to reverse the "block your phone". I have already unblocked the SIM as this is something we as customers can do. But it tells me to contact id to unlock the phone. That is what I am trying to do. This morning I had a message saying "SIM 1 not allowed". I have replied to the PMs but it seems to have gone cold. Has this explained the situation sufficiently?

Hello,

I’m looking to unblock the phone as we are changing providers.

are you able to help please as there is no contact number to phone.

thanks! 

Hi,

I have also blocked my phone as I lost it. Luckily, someone found my phone and returned it to me! But now I don’t know how to unblock by phone…I have done the SIM on my app but if I call the phone number it sends me back to the internet. 
Please can you help? 
Best wishes, 

1. Reid 

I also have this problem, I have had a lost phone returned and need to unlock phone, I’ve been give puk code but how do I unlock phone? I’ve unlocked sim (I think)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Irritated23, I’ve dropped you a Private Message regarding this now.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sarah Catherine Platt no,

We stopped locking handset in 2017, and even before then it was only iPhones. 

When did you get your handset and what make and model is it? If it does fall under the one of those that are locked, let us know and we’ll get that sorted form you right away.

Will

Hi,

Please can you help? 
Best wishes, 

1. Reid 
Userlevel 4
Badge

I also have this problem, I have had a lost phone returned and need to unlock phone, I’ve been give puk code but how do I unlock phone? I’ve unlocked sim (I think)

Hi @Rachael Sharland. The phone itself will need to be unblacklisted so that the handset can be used again.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Lauren

I blocked my phone after I thought I lost it but now I’ve found it and wish to unblock but don’t know how to because that online chat is rubbish 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I blocked my phone after I thought I lost it but now I’ve found it and wish to unblock but don’t know how to because that online chat is rubbish 

Okay @Luke Piirie,  just type “talk to a person” once you’ve connected on chat and you should get through to a customer service agent, avoiding the chat-bot.

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays. 

Hi- can anyone at iD help me with unblocking my phone? I can’t find any answers on your website or on the phone number you give…

thanks! 
K.Reid 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @k_reid11,

Can you advise how you blocked the handset?

Kash

Why iD Mobile?