Question

unblock short code text messages 60174

• 13 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I have had a text from my bank asking me to confirm a transaction i attempted by replying Y to a message sent from the number 60174. When i then receive the confirmation request text from that number and reply i get a “Failed”, “can’t send message”. I understand this number may need to be unblocked at your end. thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @anderoo,

Can you just check that you’ve not got the Premium Messaging bar enabled on your account? This will prevent these types of messages from sending, but you’re right, if it is off, then this could be it. 

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed,

premium feature is on. I guess this confirms that the number would need to be unblocked at your end. My bank has since been in touch by other means to confirm the transaction so i don’t actually need this unblocked anymore but it would be useful to understand why this is an issue for possible future reference for myself and possibly others.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @anderoo,

When the bank got in touch by another means, where you able to confirm whether or not the definitely had the right contact number down for you?

Will