Solved

unblock short code text messages 60174

• 13 September 2020
  • 9 replies

I have had a text from my bank asking me to confirm a transaction i attempted by replying Y to a message sent from the number 60174. When i then receive the confirmation request text from that number and reply i get a “Failed”, “can’t send message”. I understand this number may need to be unblocked at your end. thanks.

icon

Best answer by Will 18 September 2020, 13:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Debbie Hales 

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with a shortcode, I see you mention you were able to use it previously, was this while on our network?

Some short-codes get recognized as chargeable so I’d recommend checking your bill cap isn’t at £0 so it can go through, let us know how this goes.

Tom

Similar problem.   Trying to send message to a short code to pay a subscription.   Its worked until about 6 weeks ago.   Now I get a message from ID explaining they are chargeable but nothing on how to let it go through

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @bbbb,

To start you will need to log into the iD app/account and turn OFF the Premium Messaging bar.

This prevents you from sending premium SMS messages.

Next you’ll need to raise your spend cap to allow the message to send. 

For example, if this costs £1.50 to send, you will need to raise the cap to ensure you’ve got enough to send it. If for example you already reached a previous cap of £5.00, then you’ll need to raise it higher to allow the text to send past that.

Mohammed

Hi @bbbb,

Has this happened suddenly, or have you never been able to message these numbers? Have you ported a number over to us recently?

Will

Thanks - I’ve been with ID for about 8 months now (possibly longer, lost all track of time!), and short-codes have never worked. It’s odd and a little annoying! I see no reason for it, my account is fine and I’ve never ever had anything like this before.
It means I can’t send STOP messages to spam or enter competitions or send queries. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @bbbb,

Has this happened suddenly, or have you never been able to message these numbers? Have you ported a number over to us recently?

Will

Hi - I also have this. I’m getting promotional texts from a company and need to reply to a short number to stop receiving them. The messages fail every time. It’s the same for any other short number I need to message.

Why on earth would this be blocked?! How do you undo this please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @anderoo,

When the bank got in touch by another means, where you able to confirm whether or not the definitely had the right contact number down for you?

Will

Thanks Mohammed,

premium feature is on. I guess this confirms that the number would need to be unblocked at your end. My bank has since been in touch by other means to confirm the transaction so i don’t actually need this unblocked anymore but it would be useful to understand why this is an issue for possible future reference for myself and possibly others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @anderoo,

Can you just check that you’ve not got the Premium Messaging bar enabled on your account? This will prevent these types of messages from sending, but you’re right, if it is off, then this could be it. 

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?