Solved

Unexpected response from network

• 8 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am trying to set a divert from my O2 number (A) to another number (B) on the IDM network, but when I try to set the divert I get the error message "unexpected response from network".

If I try to ring number B from number A it connects fine, and text works as well, but for some reason I can’t set up divert to number B.

I should add that I have no problems setting a divert from A to any other number - it is just this one number (B) I have problems setting a divert to. I have contacted O2 and they say since it is just one number (B) it must be an IDM issue. 

icon

Best answer by Nemo 9 January 2020, 22:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I contacted O2 and they say that they cannot comment on why this is happening but that since I am unable to set up the divert they will set it up for me - although it might take up to 24 hours.

I am not sure this is a full solution because I would like to be able to control call diverts myself rather than have to make a request to O2 and wait 24 hours, but I am just waiting to see what happens.

It was a curious response from O2.

Do mobile network providers’ computers have tables showing which number ranges should be sent to  which other network? Is it possible that the table used to connect calls and the table used to validate divert requests are out of sync?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Latest from O2 is that they think that because I can divert to other numbers, and it is just this ID Mobile number which is a problem, the issue must be on the ID mobile network. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think I will start a new  question for this because it is a bit confusing as the original question was resolved and it is a supplemental matter now outstanding which the Subject does not adequately capture. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nemo,

I have grouped your questions into one thread in order to keep things together. :) 

I’m glad that O2 has managed to sort out the divert for you manually, and as explained on the other post, blocking the divert from our side isn’t something that happens as the original network of the divert is O2 and they are the ones that will control who you can and can’t divert to. 

We will check this with our Technical Team just in case though and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.

Ryan 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Ryan 

The way you have grouped the responses gives a slightly misleading impression.

Just to clarify, O2 have *not* managed to sort out the divert for me (they said they would but they didn’t).

O2 say that when a divert is being set up the system checks the path to the target number and they think that the error message is caused by something to do with the IDM number (since I can divert to other numbers with no problem).

John

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Ryan 

Thank you for offering to raise this with the Technical Team. How can I contact you privately to give you the two numbers, A and B, concerned?

I expect the Technical Team will want the specific numbers so that they can investigate properly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there @Nemo 

You’re right on the money in regards to the more details we can get from you, the better.

So that we can personally chase this one in-house from our own office.  Could you get in touch through one of the following three options:

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/?ref=br_rs)

Twitter (https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK)

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Kevin

I have sent you an email.

Why iD Mobile?