Question

Unlimited minutes?

• 17 November 2020
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1

My plan has unlimited minutes. Is there a time limit on individual phone calls? When on a call today I received a message “this call will be charged at 35p per minute”.

This topic has been closed for comments

19 replies

Userlevel 2

That's just happened to me I am fuming and theres no one there to speak to

Userlevel 2

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on unlimited calls

Userlevel 1

I’ve just had the same thing - can’t get though to anyone - very frustrating!

Userlevel 2

I am very annoyed only upgraded my phone yesterday with new plan feel like sending it back get 30days 

Looks like we only get few minutes before were charged 35p minute soo wrong

Userlevel 1

I’ve had the same phone and contract for ages - there’s no changes at all and it was while I was calling an elderly neighbour to check on her - really poor

Userlevel 2

So did you get charged 35p then

Userlevel 1

I hung up straight away and then rang my sister and got the same message so hung up and then been trying to get some help but have just ended up going round in circles 

Userlevel 2

Yes same as me just phoned few members of my family got same must be something we can do

Me too. Hung up when charge announced. No time pattern to it, as redialed a few times. Seems like could be a glitch and hopefully no one is truly charged

Userlevel 2

I hope not I'm.still within 30days so il send it back go with another network 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

This sounds very strange. If you have unlimited minutes then it will be unlimited minutes and you shouldn’t be charged 35p. Was this heard as a voice at the start of the call or during?

I’m assuming the numbers you are calling are standard UK landline or mobile phone numbers? They are not premium or special numbers, right?

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Hi I have only phoned land line or mobile and was during the call after a few minutes 2 or 3 minutes 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Evening Heather, all

Thanks for sharing this info. It sounds like a strange experience!

I’ve raised a ticket with our technical team who will look into why the voice prompts are being played mid-call. I’ll update this thread as soon as I have an answer. 

Voice prompts are seperate to the charging application so there shouldn’t be any issue with your unlimited allowances.

Cheers,

Kieran

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Heather, 

If the issue occurs again, could you please let us know the time of your call and at what moment in the call the voice prompt was played? I’ll then pass that info over to the technical team and hopefully they can remove that strange prompt a bit quicker :).

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Hi thanks for reply hopefully the technical dept will help, yes if it happens again will let you know for sure 

Thanks

Heather 

Userlevel 2

Hi I am experiencing some signal issues is there a fault on your end seems ok in my house seems ages to get through making a call then cuts off suddenly

Awaiting your reply 

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Evening Heather, all

Thanks for sharing this info. It sounds like a strange experience!

I’ve raised a ticket with our technical team who will look into why the voice prompts are being played mid-call. I’ll update this thread as soon as I have an answer. 

Voice prompts are seperate to the charging application so there shouldn’t be any issue with your unlimited allowances.

Cheers,

Kieran

Thanks - I had an online chat with your team and they  confirmed no charges were  made and so far it hasn’t happened again 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Morning all,

Thanks for the update, Julesscump :).

Heather, I’m not aware of any specific signal issues. Have you noticed a change in network performance?

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Was it definitely just regular landlines or mobile numbers you had been calling?

Could we potentially get a full postcode for your home locations to look into if this is a local mast issue at all?

Has the problem happened since?  Or still happening at all?

The more we know the better we can get this investigated.

Why iD Mobile?