Solved

Unlimited minutes but NOT (and I have a cap)

• 25 June 2021
  • 9 replies

My plan gives me unlimeted minutes (for the last 9 months) however, when I try to make calls it tells me I have run out and need to top up. I have a spend cap on so can’t make any calls.

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 26 June 2021, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @parnold16 

We are happy to hear you are able to call your daughter now. Please can you try removing the number from the contact list and re-adding it again to see if this helps.

Mohsin

I have managed to call my daughter on her 3 number now.

its a strange one. I get the issue calling from a saved number as a contact.

but if i call her from the recent list i get through no problem.

The number is the same from both places.

iPhone 12 pro max handset.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @parnold16,

Just a couple more questions sorry.

What handset are you both using?

Are you able to send her text messages?

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will

So far I have found only my daughters 3 number to be a problem. Yes she is in the UK and in the same house when trying to test. It’s not a roaming issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @parnold16,

Is this happening to other numbers or just that of your daughters?

Also, is your daughter currently in the UK whilst you’re trying to call?

Will

I am a new customer and disappointed to find that I have the same problem as many have already reported that if your cost cap is set to £0 on unlimited minutes on some 3 network numbers i receive the message that my cost cap has been reached and need to top up.

I can not call my daughters number starting 076 but i can call my wife’s also on 3 starting with 076.

This makes the phone not fit for purpose and I am considering cancelling my contract if i can not get this resolved quickly as you can imagine if ever i need to contact my daughter in an emergency that i am prevented by this issue.

I have the same issue, I am new customer with unlimited calls data and text with a cost cap set to £0.

My daughters mobile number on 3 network can not be called as it says i have reached my capped limit.

I can call my wife’s number also on 3 with the same starting 076 sequence.

Why is this happening?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My plan gives me unlimeted minutes (for the last 9 months) however, when I try to make calls it tells me I have run out and need to top up. I have a spend cap on so can’t make any calls.

Hello @ejl21,

Calls to standard UK landline 01, 02 and 03 numbers and standard UK Mobile numbers 07 are included in your allowances

Calls to 084 and 087 numbers carry an iD access charge of 45p per minute + a charge set by the number you call.

It sounds like it was one of these numbers you were calling.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Are you sure that you’re calling a number that is included in your unlimited minutes bundle?

e.g. 0845 numbers are not inclusive of your unlimited calls.

This is confirmed here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

I’d recommend raising your spend cap to allow the call to send for any out of bundle calls such as 084 or 087 numbers.

Why iD Mobile?