Solved

Unlimited Personal Hotspot and Tethering

• 3 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi 

If I have an unlimited data plan do I have unlimited data to use on my laptop when I tether/connect to it from my iD mobile personal hotspot from my phone?

Thanks,

Comms

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 16:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Commsworrio13 

Yes, you can use your unlimited data when connecting to your hotspot and when you are tethering.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile  

Userlevel 1

Hi @Commsworrio13 

Yes, you can use your unlimited data when connecting to your hotspot and when you are tethering.

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile  

Hi Michelle 

But is it unlimited personal hotspot?

I am not capped in how much I can tether to another device am I?

When I was with three they said even though my data plan was unlimited I was capped at 30GB tethering/personal hotspot.

So when I was with three I could use as much internet on my phone (still unlimited) but on my laptop when I was outside on the go I would run out of data by the middle of the month which was really not good.

I only have suspicions it might be the same because this iD mobile network is run by three

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Commsworrio13 

There are no limits as our plans are unlimited, so the tethering will also be unlimited.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Ok thank you all.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries at all @Commsworrio13.

Please let us know if ever you need anything else.

Will

hi. i want to get your unlimited monthly sim card. And I will be using it for personal hotspot, tethering.

Would I be able to use my unlimited date for personal hotspot, tethering? Would I have to pay extra or it will be unlimited and I don’t have to set up any cut?

I need it to be unlimited.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @maryh 

iD Mobile lets you tether with as much data as your plan offers – up to unlimited if you're on a Pay Monthly or SIM Only plan.

-Mohsin

Hi, as of today, if I subscribe for unlimited mobile data plan, do my tethering to other devices is also unlimited without any cap as well? And how many devices can be connected simultaneously?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Adam,

If you have unlimited data you should be able to use unlimited tethering/hotspot.

Depending on the handset that you are using it can be between 4-10 devices at one time. However the more devices that are connected the lower the connection speed will be.

Kash

iD Mobile

Why iD Mobile?