Solved

unlock iPhone

• 8 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Hi i want to unlock my phone, how am i to do this?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 12 February 2021, 15:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nadia51978 

Please can you confirm if you purchased your phone from iD Mobile?

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Hi @Nadia51978 

Please can you confirm if you purchased your phone from iD Mobile?

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Yes i did

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Cheers @Nadia51978,

Was it an iPhone purchased before 2017? We haven’t locked handsets since then you see, so if it isn’t, it should be fine already.

If it is, please let us know so we can drop you a Private message to get the lock removed for you.

Will

sorry just realised i never bought it from you it was a hand-me down from my uncle, so i got a sim only contract with you

It’s a iphone 6s

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Nadia51978,

We can only unlock the handset to any UK network if the device is locked to an iD network.

We’d recommend speaking to your Uncle to find out which network this was with previously and he’ll likely need to speak to them to get this unlocked.

Mohammed

My uncle gave it to me in 2019 and it was unlocked for me, so would you lock it, its just cause I've sold it to someone on Facebook marketplace and they are claiming that it is locked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nadia51978 

We’d need to speak to your Uncle to unlock it, as it was purchased in his name.

Will

He didnt buy it from you though and i bought it from him 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Nadia51978 

He will need to contact the network provider the phone was used on before you have been given the phone, they will be able to unlock the phone.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why would they lock it again if i was to get a contract with you. When he sold it to me he had already unlocked it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Nadia51978 

If the phone was unlocked, then your sim would work fine. You will need to speak to your uncle and find out which network provider he purchased it from and get them to unlock the phone.

-Mohsin

How could a company lock the phone again when it was already unlocked and onto a new user who is with a different company?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nadia51978 

Once the phone has been unlocked, it would remain unlocked. I can only imagine the phone has never been unlocked, otherwise, the iD sim would work fine in the phone.

-Mohsin

So in other words the person who i sold my phone to is lying about it being locked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nadia51978,

We’re not accusing anyone of lying. We’re just advising what they’re claiming isn’t true.

Will

Okay well thank you for your response 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @Nadia51978.

We hope you manage to get all of this figured out one way or another.

Will

Why iD Mobile?