Solved

Unlocking old iPhone phone for family member

Userlevel 1

i had an iphone 6s on contract with ID which i have since upgraded (still on ID...and due to upgrade again at end of year ! ).
 I would like to give the old iphone 6s to a younger family member who has a Sim card from another network.

Is it please possible to unlock it, so that they can use it.?

The code for the phone is REMOVED
any questions,  my email is REMOVED 

Many thanks
Andy

icon

Best answer by Michelle 20 January 2021, 10:45

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Andyp7100,

iPhones purchased from us should already be unlocked to any UK network.

Can you check to see if the UK SIM card is working in the device already?

If not, we can arrange for this to be unlocked.

Let us know here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed

I had a chat with Kauthar this morning, who was very helpful and this situation will hopefully be resolved in the next few days.
Many Thanks for your time

Kind regards
Andy

Exact same problem I’m an existing ID customer and need to unlock an old phone and it just sends me round in circles 

please reply back as I’d like to unlock my old phone

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joeyoungjudo95,

Is the old phone locked to our network or another network?

If it’s us, please let us know and we’ll get that sorted for you.

Will

It is locked to ID would appreciate your help in getting it unlocked.

Hi @Joeyoungjudo95,

Is the old phone locked to our network or another network?

If it’s us, please let us know and we’ll get that sorted for you.

Will

Yes it is locked to ID

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Joeyoungjudo95,

I’ve Pmed you now so we can pick this up for you :) 

Mohammed

Hi

My grandmother received an iphone 5s and it is locked to id mobile, how can i get it unlocked please?

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @berkai, whoever bought the phone from us originally would need to contact us directly. 

Thank you,

Rory

Hi @berkai, whoever bought the phone from us originally would need to contact us directly. 

Thank you,

Rory

That's a shame, they passed away, my gran wanted the phone as it was the only thing left she could remember her by. I'll give her some more bad news, thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @berkai 

If the account was in the name of your Gran, and if you’d be able to provide us with the Death Certificate for the account holder then please let us know by reply here.

We’ll then contact you via Private Message and upon seeing the Death Certificate we should be able to have the phone unlocked for you freely from our side.

Hi @berkai 

If the account was in the name of your Gran, and if you’d be able to provide us with the Death Certificate for the account holder then please let us know by reply here.

We’ll then contact you via Private Message and upon seeing the Death Certificate we should be able to have the phone unlocked for you freely from our side.

Doesn't matter now, I bought her a new phone because she needed some good news.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’m afraid you’ve lost me on the narrative to what’s going on with who passed away here @berkai

Regardless, we’re glad to hear someone got some good news in some way.

I’m afraid you’ve lost me on the narrative to what’s going on with who passed away here @berkai

Regardless, we’re glad to hear someone got some good news in some way.

That's like a nice way of saying good for you, still can't unlock your grans phone, dead friend or not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry @berkai I’m confused as to who it is that had passed away here. No ill will was meant.

Simply.  If you are able to provide us with the Death Certificate of the named account holder for that phone.  Then we can then get it unlocked for them.

It’s a legal requirement that we speak to the account holder you see, for data privacy reasons.  The only way around that would be with a Death Certificate -or- documentation of Lasting Power of Attorney over the named individual.

I have exactly the same issue as the original poster here. I have a phone locked to ID and wish to unlock for use by a younger family member with an o2 SIM. Can someone please help in getting this handset unlocked from ID please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Warden77,

I’ll PM you now so we can help sort this.

Mohammed

Hi - my daughter has upgraded to a new iphone -but her old phone (which I would like to re-use) is locked to ID.
Can someone help me unlock?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @Scottrock 

If you can get your daughter to message us here, we will be able to help with unlocking the old iPhone she purchased.

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin My daughter is too young to be on these boards - the contract was in my name.
Can we talk instead?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Scottrock 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

Hi I have the same problem on my old phone bought years ago locked to id

can someone help please as the website is no help and I can’t ring

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Neb,

I’ll send you a PM so we can get this unlocked for you :)

Mohammed

Hi,

I’d like to unlock an old iphone that was with id mobile, please tell me what to do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Sabab,

We can help you with that. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Cheers,

Will

Why iD Mobile?