Solved

Upgrade Due and phone becoming faulty

• 27 September 2019
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Why is it that a few weeks before a phone upgrade is due does my phone start playing up? Strange isn't it!
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 September 2019, 16:41

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @HolyJoeMuttley,

I'm sorry to hear this.

iD Mobile does not manufacture the handset so in no way would we have control of affecting the device physically around your upgrade due date.
It may be worth speaking to the manufacturer of the handset or (if you're under warranty) visiting your local Carphone Warehouse to book in for repair.

Which handset is it you're using?

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
Sorry, it's not so much the handset, but calls are being dropped.

It's a Galaxy S5
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @HolyJoeMuttley,

Thanks for clarifying that.

Samsung handsets have a 24-month warranty so if the phone is faulty, you'd be able to visit your local Carphone Warehouse store.

How long are these calls that you're on?

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
Sometimes the calls don't even connect and then sometimes when the call does connect I can hear the person on the other end, but they struggle to hear or can't hear me and then the call disconnects.

The other day I had to call the Police and this happened 3 or 4 times. Eventually the Police called me back and the call was fine.
Userlevel 4
Maybe there is a internal failure or update glitch?
Userlevel 4
Your could get it checked up at knowhow
Userlevel 2
My experience of Knowhow tells me that they should be called Knowlittle
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @HolyJoeMuttley,
Can you confirm your full postcode for me?

I'll see if there's an issue with the local masts in your area.

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
NN5 7DF
Userlevel 2
I have to be fair, Mohammed. I'm impressed with your assistance on this matter. Thank you.👍
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @HolyJoeMuttley,

Thanks for that. After checking the masts in your area, we can see that the nearest one to your given postcode has been experiencing some issues recently, but it's been reported that the issue has been fixed.

If you go into your phone settings and change your network mode to use 3G networks only, does this give you better signal?

Ryan
Userlevel 2
I just changed to 3G and I gained extra bars. Does that mean I won't now have access to 4G? Not that 4G ever works! 😂
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @HolyJoeMuttley,

Thanks for confirming that.

Whilst on 3G only, you'll only have access to the 3G network but judging by what's happened, I believe your local area has a problem with the 4G mast, whilst 3G services are unaffected.

How long have you had this issue for in particular?

Mohammed
Userlevel 2
Just a few weeks but it's been noticeable.
Userlevel 2
Is there a date on when the mast will be sorted? If I'm paying for it I might as well have it. 🤣🤣👍

Why iD Mobile?