Solved

upgrade due assistance needed

• 15 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I’m with Id and I'm due an upgrade on 21st February 2021 (6 days time).  I usually shop in store carphone warehouse, but can understand this isn’t an option at present due to covid. 
I was wondering whether I can just get a monthly sim plan, (I see at present there’s 1 month or 12 months.)  and maybe get it upgraded to a handset once stores are back open normally. Can this be done as a monthly sim @ £6 per month at present and how do I make this continuous until I am able to visit a store. Is there a minimum waiting time before  such an upgrade from a sim or ?.

can I still continue to use my number once the previous contract has expired which is 21st February 

apologies in advance, I’m not clued up on these sort of things. 

icon

Best answer by Will 18 February 2021, 17:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jj123,

No need to apologise at all, it’s a solid question.

Once your upgrade date is here, pop onto the App, and adjust the filters on the upgrade section to show just the SIM only plans. You’ll then see a range of 30 day rolling contracts that will dramatically reduce your cost and keep you in a position to upgrade whenever you like (in this case, when the shops are back open).

Does all that make sense?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi will, thank you for replying.

I panicked and just upgraded to a £6 monthly sim only plan.

few questions as confused.

1. I’ve today received a new sim, do I still need to use this one or can I still use the old one and wanting to keep my same number I’ve used on id for four years.
  2. my online app states the plan is showing £6 and that I’m in credit of -£8.04 but today received an email stating that my statement now due is £31.03 which I don’t understand as my previous plan was £21.03 per month ( I never went over my tariff)  my last payment was taken on the 2nd feb for £21.03 
  3. how do I keep all my contacts and apps with the new sim if I have to activate it 

im so confused as to what I’m suppose to do, hence why I prefer to visit car phone warehouse in person. 
thanks in advance 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Jj123 

You can carry on using your existing sim. We just send out a new sim when you upgrade, you can choose to use the new sim or dispose of it. 

when upgrading, your first bill will always be subject to Pro-rata billing. This will mean you have been charged for your previous plan as well as your new plan. 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Thank you for all your help.

Why iD Mobile?