Solved

Upgrade to Sim Only

• 26 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am waiting for my SIM only Upgrade and the instructions say Activate the SIM when you receive it, The question is ( that I have not found in the forum ) is ..Do I put the NEW SIM in the Phone and Then activate it in my account or Activate it in the Account and Then put  it in the phone?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by andewhite 29 November 2021, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Johnny B,

Welcome to the iD community.

I reckon the package from iD, with the SIM (upgrade) for your new plan, will have all the necessary instructions.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hello Ande white, I did mange to contact Live chat about the instructions which are not that clear as to HOW,,,,,,

The Chat Line says that you DO have to activate the SIM via your account BEFORE you put the SIM in the Phone ( It sounded a bit strange to activate it when it is not in the phone ) BUT you leave your current SIM in the phone and wait until the Mobile signal is cut off. ( normally takes about an hour ). Then remove your Old SIM and fit the New one the and in theory you will connect to the network, Will let you know...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Johnny B how did you get on with your SIM? Are you all up and running now?

Userlevel 1

After reading many posts there was one that said “ If the Upgrade SIM is the same size as the SIM in your phone there is no need to change it “. This SIM business seems to have generic instruction for all events, You only need to change your SIM in an upgrade if the SIM physical size is different, --- but don’t see how that can be if it is the me phone. Anyway, I have not activated the New SIM and the Account has change to my Upgrade SIM and the Price has changed, so at the moment I am keeping my old SIM in the phone until something indicated I need to do something,   The problem with Generic instructions is that it will always cause confusion..  Lets see what happens

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Johnny B, if you’ve got a working SIM, in the correct form-factor for your device, no need to use the one supplied with the upgrade - your existing SIM will work.

A SIM card is not allocated to a particular device - basically if the SIM has been activated, it should work in any unlocked device that it fits into. 

Good luck anyway.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for confirming this SIM issue..Would it not be a good idea to save maybe many people trying to get the right information if the On Line Chat advisers new it OR Print the information on the card that is sent with the Sim.. How much more professional the company would look if they actually provided the information that the Upgrade or New Sim user needed to make a smooth transition.  I had a dream..........,

Why iD Mobile?