Question

Very bad signal (one bar), unstable internet connection.

• 16 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Lately ~4 weeks I’ve been having very bad signal, 1 bar everywhere in city, sometimes if I’m lucky I get 2 bars, and the internet is very unstable, it feel like a bad dial-up speed, the ms response time on  speed test sometimes is over 2000ms which is outrageous, in past was a steady 3-4 ms.

My phone is an S20 Plus, tested sim in a Galaxy J3, and an Iphone 11, all have 1 bar signal, added an EE sim for test, and all 3 phones get full signal strengh, so phone is not the problem. Also reseting network on phone didn’t fix anything.

Tried to set phone manually on 2G & 3G, same story, 1 bar signal.

According to Improve Mobile Coverage | Check Mobile Coverage | iD Mobile Network  there shouldn’t be any issue in my area, Northampton, NN12ET, NN32PR, NN27JE, NN45FB.

Edit: An admin, please move this in right category.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

There is work going on in the area:

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @MarianB 

We can confirm there is an Unplanned Outage on the local Mast for Postcode NN45FB which has been ongoing for the last 2 weeks. The signal in all other Postcodes provided all seem to be fine with no issues. Is your home Postcode NN45FB? If so, we can escalate this to our back office team to see if we can get a timeframe on the outage. 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @MarianB 

We can confirm there is an Unplanned Outage on the local Mast for Postcode NN45FB which has been ongoing for the last 2 weeks. The signal in all other Postcodes provided all seem to be fine with no issues. Is your home Postcode NN45FB? If so, we can escalate this to our back office team to see if we can get a timeframe on the outage. 

-Mohsin

Today at work I had full signal, but at home still 1-2 bar (depending on location in house), my home is at NN32PR, work is at NN45FB.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @MarianB,

I can see that we have planned work taking place on your local mast today Postcode (NN32PR), that is expected to end later this evening. From what I can see, the work is taking place after a long term outage, which makes sense with what you’ve advised.

If you could power down the handset for 10 minutes tomorrow morning and let us know how you get on reestablishing the connection, as hopefully it’ll be improved then from what I can see.

Will

Userlevel 1

I am having this same issue have been for the past 3 days . I can’t get in contact with anyone from id mobile. I need my phone as it’s my only means off contact . If this continues I will be cancelling DD. I’m in the td113ee postal code 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lainey,

I can see that we have sent you a PM and we’ll assist you further there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?