Question

Voicemail divert not working

I changed the number of rings for my voicemail and ever since it doesnt divert when unanswered. Can anyone help? I’ve tried all the obvious stuff (toggle vm off and on, reset network settings, removed sim, etc.)

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @edwardjarvis,

Are you able to access your device’s Voicemail settings from within the phone/dialler app settings?

Mohammed

Its an iPhone 11 so there are very limited VM settings within Settings>Phone. The only VM option is “Change VM Password” and that doesn’t work as “Done” is greyed out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @edwardjarvis,

Thanks. If you try to change the number of rings back to what it was, does this make any difference at all? If so, try and change it again and let us know what happens.

Ryan

Yes, already tried. No matter what I set the rings to I get the same issue. After x seconds the phone goes silent but the caller still hears it ringing until it eventually says “it’s not possible to connect your call….”. It is a business phone and is chasing me real pain. I’ve tried web chat twice but you seem to be so under resourced it’s takes so long that I have to give up and go back to work. The first time I spent an hour and didn’t get anywhere. The second time he just told me he’d be right  with me for 25 minutes before I gave up. Not impressed!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Edward.

Do you happen to have any other people in your household who’s SIM you could borrow to see if you’re able to amend the Voicemail settings with that SIM?

It’ll help us get a better idea of the iPhone 11 problem here if so.

It could well be that if you change the settings with another SIM in, that the settings will remain on the phone (and thus be as you require them for the iD Mobile SIM too).

If that doesn’t help then please let us know and we’ll take some further details and pass this to our Tech Team to try and resolve for us.

Userlevel 1

@edwardjarvis , hi, was this ever resolved as I have the same issue?

All I have learnt is that **61*07782333123# will get things working again, ie, after 30 seconds, Voicemail will correctly answer the call. However, nothing I’ve tried will allow me to change the delay before answering to say 20 seconds. eg **61*07782333123**20# still leaves it at 30 seconds or so.

Any more clues?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dgilbert2,

Please mention this in the Private Message you’ve sent us and we’ll pick this up too.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thanks, I will do. Fingers crossed it all gets resolved now :wink:

Userlevel 1

This has finally started to work for me by using the exact “code” below;

**61*447782333123**15#

Is this example the delay before voicemail answers the call is set to 15 seconds but this number can be changed as required.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @dgilbert2,

I am glad to hear that you’ve managed to get this to work.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?