Solved

voicemail no longer working after shortening ring time

Since shortening the ring from 30 to 20sec,  voice mail not working - says number not recognised. Have tried all the suggestions on site and have been to Carphone warehouse they cant help, any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by fauvehound 26 August 2020, 14:17

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @fauvehound,

How do you mean it doesn’t work? Aren’t you receiving them, or are you not being notified of them? More details the better.

Will

When someone calls and the phone is not answered, it rings for twenty seconds and then a message says number not recognised and cuts the line off. 

When receiving a call, your mobile is automatically set to ring for 30 seconds before it's diverted voicemail. However you have the ability to change this at any time to a choice of five-second intervals, ranging from 5 to 30 seconds. All you need to do is enter **61*123** followed by the number of seconds you'd like your phone to ring for, then # and call. So, if for example, you'd like your phone to ring for 20 seconds, you'd need to dial **61*123**20# and press call. Once you've done this, a message will pop up on your screen confirming the update.

These are the instructions I followed as did the staff in the store, I have also tried turning vm off for 24hrs and back on - no joy

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @fauvehound 

We’ll send you a private message here now to take a few further details and have our Tech Team look at this for us.  If you could respond there, we’ll get this sorted.

Hi @fauvehound .  Did you get your issue resolved?  I have the same problem and have got nowhere with Live Chat.  Could @Kevin PM me as well please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EllaF,

Could you advise the specifics of the problems you’re facing? What trouble shooting did you attempt through Livechat?

Will

I changed the length of time before going to voicemail from 30 to 20 secs.  Now if it rings for that time the caller gets a message to say the number is not available.  If I dismiss the call before 20 secs it goes to voicemail correctly.  Live Chat were worse than useless, all I got was a link to set my voicemail up and a repeat of the same link when I told them it was already set up.

Hi EllaF

This worked for me and my daughter, hope it works for you the number required is +447782 333123  good luck

Sandra

Our Tech Team have asked if you can check your call settings on the handset. To do this, please perform the following actions:

Press the phone icon.
Press the menu icon.
Press Settings.
Press Call forwarding.
Press the required divert type.
Check all type of call forward and see if you have the correct Voice Mail number saved.

Hi Sandra, Thank you very much, that worked perfectly :relaxed:

Easy when you have the info :grinning:

Userlevel 1

Hi @EllaF and @fauvehound , can I ask exactly what you entered into the phone to get this to work at 20 seconds, ie **61*?????????. Thanks.

I cant remember but I think it may have been this,

Dial the service code.

1. For example, if the phone number you wrote down is 18056377243 and you want incoming calls to ring for 15 seconds, you'd enter **61*18056377243**15# .
  2. Although ringtone lengths vary, 10 seconds is usually about 3 or 4 rings, while 30 seconds is about 5 or 6 rings.
Userlevel 1

Thanks @fauvehound , I don’t know why, but I always end up at 30 seconds, so frustrating.

I wish iD had a clear, working, guide for all this :nerd:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

If anything changes your end @dgilbert2 just let us know.

We’ve raised the issue (along with the OTP problem) to our Tech Team to find out more on the back of your last private message with us here, so we should hope to know more shortly.

Userlevel 1

This has now started to work for me by using the exact “code” below;

**61*447782333123**15#

Is this example the delay before voicemail answers the call is set to 15 seconds but this number can be changed as required.

I have been trying to decrease my ring for a week since changing to ID and none of these suggestions work unless I leave it at 30 secs.  I did not have any of these problems with Giffgaff and I phoned ID and still got no agent 😡😡

I just want to decrease the rings to 20 secs 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I think I may change back to Giffgaff!  I am using an iphone11 and I can’t even get rid of my recorded name on voicemail unless I record a new name.  I don’t want my name on voicemail just the usual agent replying.  This is so irritating when you are unable to get clear instructions 😡😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have been trying to decrease my ring for a week since changing to ID and none of these suggestions work unless I leave it at 30 secs.  I did not have any of these problems with Giffgaff and I phoned ID and still got no agent 😡😡

I just want to decrease the rings to 20 secs 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Hello@MCR,

Try this:

**61*447782333123**20#

After some back and forth with @dgilbert2 we managed to find this was the code that worked.

In regards to changing your voice mail greeting, when you follow the steps for voicemail greetings are you not given the option to delete the existing one?

Try recording a new one and when it asks you to record press #, you may need to repeat this a few times.

Let us know if this works as this is what I had to do last time on a different network.

Mohammed

Thank you but I have tried all your suggestions above and now my voicemail does not answer callers at all.  I have turned it on and off and tried to reset it again with your suggested number and it says ‘this has failed’ I am really fed up with it now!  I have also not been able to contact a live person for technical help and just keep getting referred to this community 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Also I am not given the option to delete my name only the option to re-record it.  I do not want a full personal message just the usual agent’s voice not mine!

I still have no voicemail on this iphone11 ?? Can anyone help as I have tried all the above without success!

Is there a technical team available with IDmobile to give precise clear instructions??  
I have not had any of this messing with any other providers.

Still no voicemail and I am missing important calls.  Contacted Apple and spent an hour troubleshooting with their excellent chat team but they said the problem is definitely under the jurisdiction of ID mobile but can’t contact anyone for assistance as everything automated.  A nightmare 😡😡

So disappointed I took out this contract phone with IDmobile 😟

Just in case anyone else has the same problems I have had for 14 days with a new iphone11 contract phone, the above suggestions to reduce the rings will NOT be accepted on this phone.

You need to go back to the default setting code of 30 secs as you will not receive any feedback from the customer service number or chat line as they are diabolical to contact.  I can’t even get through to the chat line so customer service so far for me is 1/10 as Mohammed did try but the phone would not accept that code. 😡

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MCR, sorry to see you’re still having trouble with this. I’ve just dropped you a message to see if we can get a technical ticket raised for this. Please get back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Rory

Yes and you have asked me to contact IDmobile or customer services????? I thought that was what you were????? 
Your customer services is absolutely the lowest of the low.  I just wish my 14 days cool-off period had not expired by one day as I would have cancelled this contract and sent the phone back 😡😡 

Don’t sign up to iDmobile if you want good customer service as it useless 😡🤷‍♀️

Why iD Mobile?