Solved

Voicemail not working

• 18 July 2018
  • 5 replies

My voicemail is active however it only works if I'm on another call or if I hang up on a call. If someone calls me and I let it ring voicemail will not pick up the call, it will eventually go to what sounds like an engaged tone. I've tried turning voicemail off/on a couple of times. Getting very annoyed at this point
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 20 July 2018, 16:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @getsmelifted,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Which handset do you have?

Have you tried checking your call settings on the handset to amend the ruling for Voicemail?

On my Android device I simply need to:
Tap Phone
Tap the menu followed by Settings
Tap Call Settings
Choose the SIM (as my handset is dual SIM. For single SIM phones, it'll go straight to the next step).

Then tap Call Forwarding.

This allows me to configure when Voicemail kicks in.
The options for this are:

• Always Forward - All calls go to the set number
  • Forward when busy - This will send calls to voicemail when you are on another call
  • When unanswered - This is the one you want, which is when your phone is unanswered after the set number of rings
  • When unreachable - This is when the phone is switched off/in Aeroplane mode etc.
Forwarding to 123 will send this to Voicemail.

Your settings may differ depending on if you're on an iPhone or older/newer version of Android.

Hope this helps.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for the reply although I have already resolved the issue. You're correct in that this is settings that needed to be corrected however the actual problem was BECAUSE 123 was the number being forwarded too. The other settings had the correct number however in unanswered calls, where it states 123, had to be changed to the full answer machine number so it matched the other settings (busy, on another line etc)

Anyhoo, hope this helps others also!

That's awesome, thanks for sharing that @getsmelifted and glad it's resolved.

Is the full answerphone number linked to yours or just a general number?

If it's just a general number that belongs to iD Mobile, perhaps it may be worth sharing it here so anyone who gets the issue can easily resolve this?

If it's a personal number that connects to you then there's no need to share this.

Mohammed
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @getsmelifted,

Thanks for the response!

For anyone wanting the general iD voicemail number, here it is: 07782 333 123.

Ryan
Thanks for the reply although I have already resolved the issue. You're correct in that this is settings that needed to be corrected however the actual problem was BECAUSE 123 was the number being forwarded too. The other settings had the correct number however in unanswered calls, where it states 123, had to be changed to the full answer machine number so it matched the other settings (busy, on another line etc)

Anyhoo, hope this helps others also!
It was just the general idmobile voicemail number

Why iD Mobile?