Solved

Voicemail not working when I miss a call

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

My voicemail suddenly stopped working after 2 years and none of the suggestions work. I’ve toggled it on in settings. Any help please as I’m missing out on work and it looks really unprofessional. I’m thinking of changing to another network as this is impossible.  Thanks

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 17 June 2021, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sounds like divert to voicemail has been removed on the handset side of things. What phone do you have?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

On my Android device I simply need to:

• Tap Phone
  • Tap the Three dots in the top right of the screen followed by Settings
  • Tap Supplementary services
  • Tap Call forwarding

This allows me to configure when Voicemail kicks in.

The options for this are:

• Always Forward - All calls go to the set number  
  • Forward when busy - This will send calls to voicemail when you are on another call 
  • When unanswered - This is the one you want, which is when your phone is unanswered after the set number of rings 
  • When unreachable - This is when the phone is switched off/in Aeroplane mode etc. 

Forwarding to 123 will send this to Voicemail.

Your settings may differ depending on if you're on an iPhone or older version of Android.

I've got a samsung j3 (2017). I've done what's been suggested and it worked, then I tried to shorten the number of rings and it stopped working again. I Icant fix it with the instructions - wont work again. So frustrating. Also it sometimes says invalid MMI  

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @JBSpeechie 

Please can you try extending the amount of rings and seeing if this works. Please dial **61*123**20# and then press call to see if this helps.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?